VectorLinux
July 28, 2014, 08:13:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I can't install with Gslapt  (Read 1845 times)
gafran

« on: November 20, 2007, 02:28:58 am »

My Gslapt shows installed packaged and nothing else.How can i fix it,pls?Thank you.
toothandnail
Tester
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 03:21:56 am »

My Gslapt shows installed packaged and nothing else.How can i fix it,pls?Thank you.

Open Gslapt, go to Edit > Preferences > Sources and check what repositories you have enabled. Then use the Update button on the toolbar. That should update the list of available packages for you.

I must admit that I find the Gslapt display confusing, since it seems to show both installed, older packages and new packages. Maybe I'm using it wrong...

paul.
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 07:55:18 am »

I must admit that I find the Gslapt display confusing, since it seems to show both installed, older packages and new packages. Maybe I'm using it wrong...

You can use the View menu to display only the approporiate ones, or you can click on the Status tab to sort them to make them easier to find.

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
gafran

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 07:58:00 am »

Thank you so much,toothandnail and lagagnon.I have added the slacky repo.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 08:20:27 am by gafran » Logged
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 02:24:33 pm »

Please keep in mind the Slacky repository is not a Vector Linux repository, packages there are built for Slack12. Since VL 5.9 is built on that most packages should work, but there's without a doubt one that doesn't. They do have lots and lots of packages though.

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
gafran

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 02:48:11 pm »

You are right,Headacher.I tried to install Gyachi Messenger but the plugin gpgme is not detected,despite it's installed.What else should i add to the repo list?Thank you.
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 12:57:22 am »

That doesn't sound like a problem that's going to be magically solved by adding another repo. I'm unfamiliar with Gyachi, so I'm just guessing what the problem could be:
gpgme is a library. To use Gyachi with gpgme support, you probably need to have gpgme installed when you build ( or package ) gyachi. If the packager didn't, you can try what you want but without luck.

There seems to be a new Gyachi release, perhaps you can try installing that from source... http://gyachi.sourceforge.net/ .

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
gafran

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 04:21:50 am »

I have downloaded an rpm package and turn it into tgz.As you say,the source compilation can be the right way to fix things.I will try and see.Thanx again,Headacher.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: