VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: (SOLVED)Konkquerer without KDE?  (Read 2473 times)

Will

• Vectorite
(SOLVED)Konkquerer without KDE?
« on: November 21, 2007, 02:42:41 pm »

This sounds a bit silly I know, but is it possible to get just konquerer without having the rest of kde? I realize you have to hve kdelibs installed anyway, but I'd rather not have the rest if it can be helped since konquerer is...well...I like it as a file manager.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 07:20:28 pm by Will »

GrannyGeek

• Packager
  • Vectorian
Re: Konkquerer without KDE?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 03:09:51 pm »

This sounds a bit silly I know, but is it possible to get just konquerer without having the rest of kde? I realize you have to hve kdelibs installed anyway, but I'd rather not have the rest if it can be helped since konquerer is...well...I like it as a file manager.

You have to have more than kdelibs in order to have Konqueror. You don't have to have the entire KDE shebang. Maybe kdebase is enough, but I think that's pretty large.

Someone who knows more about this than I do will know exactly what's needed.
--GrannyGeek
Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller

rbistolfi

• Packager
  • Vectorian
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 03:52:27 pm »

GrannyGeek is right, Konqueror is part of kdebase, as konsole, kate (I love kate) and others. It is a 25mb download, about 60megs uncompressed. If you want to give it a try is just a slapt-get --install kdebase, I did it for fun.
"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!

Will

• Vectorite
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 07:20:09 pm »

Interesting option. Asked more to see if it could be done than anything else(I like thundar as the default).

The Headacher

• Louder than you
  • Global Moderator
  • Vectorian
  • I like the bass to go BOOM!
    • Multimedia on VL (work in progress)
Re: (SOLVED)Konkquerer without KDE?
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 11:52:37 pm »

Actually, if you have kdebase and kdelibs installed you have a working kde install. All the others are optional.
Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.