VectorLinux
October 24, 2014, 08:38:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [RESOLVED] CD Icon How to get Rid  (Read 1346 times)
Pita
Vectorian

« on: November 22, 2007, 02:58:19 am »

In VL5.9* how do I get rid of the CD icon on the desktop of xfce4 since it is of no use for me.

Where do I edit those icons anyhow?

Thanks & regards
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 05:52:02 pm by JohnB316 » Logged
bigpaws
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 04:02:30 am »

http://wiki.xfce.org/

Bigpaws
uelsk8s
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 09:58:56 am »

In VL5.9* how do I get rid of the CD icon on the desktop of xfce4 since it is of no use for me.

Where do I edit those icons anyhow?

Thanks & regards
IMO easiest way is to choose vl-hot instead of hal
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 10:34:19 am »

I get ride off all the desktop icons trough the xfce desktop settings. I use icons for minimized apps only.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
Pita
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 10:23:14 pm »

I get ride off all the desktop icons trough the xfce desktop settings. I use icons for minimized apps only.

Thanks, that worked, did as well away with getting a menu with mouse click. I never use any icons at all. With some desktops one can edit the icons and choose which one to use, deleted them etc I have not found yet where to do this with xfce4. Since I do not use xfce4, anyhow once VL5.9 is stable it does not really matter. I am just curious.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: