VectorLinux
August 21, 2014, 11:36:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey everyone !  (Read 4557 times)
florut

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2007, 08:07:04 am »

I have VL 5.9 STD RC2

Outpout of the command :

root:# kde-config --prefix
/usr

Does that mean I have a problem with KDE libs ?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 08:10:07 am by florut » Logged

Proudly running VL 5.9 DLX GOLD 2.6.22.14 + KDE 3.8
...on my ASUS laptop with Pentium-M @1.8Ghz + ATI Mobility X700 + Intel Wireless 2200BG
JohnB316
Administrator
Vectorian

Registered Linux User #386728

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2007, 04:39:53 pm »

Based on the error messages you were getting, it appears that you were trying to build something to go into /opt/kde, whereas the kde supporting libraries are located in /usr for VL 5.9. Here's a quick tip in building KDE apps when you are not sure of what the prefix is. Instead of passing an absolute prefix to the configure script, pass the following instead:

Code:
--prefix=`kde-config --prefix`

Note the backticks surrounding the kde-config --prefix command. The backticks tell the shell that it's supposed to take the results of executing "kde-config --prefix" and use that for the prefix variable.

HTH,
John

VL 6.0 SOHO latest alpha on one box, VL 5.9 Lite on the other.
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2007, 12:08:29 am »

running amarok installed from Slackware12 package (using gslapt) :
root:# amarokapp
amarokapp: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libkhtml.so.4: undefined symbol: _ZN9KLineEdit17mouseReleaseEventEP11QMouseEvent
I got some very similar errors with the kdebase and kdelibs currently in the 5.9 repo's. I got me the kdebase and -libs from slackware 12 and now it's working just dandy. I'm not sure what's up with the ones in our repo, but I think they're faulty.

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
uelsk8s
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2007, 12:10:09 am »

amarokapp: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libkhtml.so.4: undefined symbol: _ZN9KLineEdit17mouseReleaseEventEP11QMouseEvent
I got some very similar errors with the kdebase and kdelibs currently in the 5.9 repo's. I got me the kdebase and -libs from slackware 12 and now it's working just dandy. I'm not sure what's up with the ones in our repo, but I think they're faulty.
Can you check again with the kdebase and kdelibs in the repo to make sure we have them fixed?
florut

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2007, 02:04:19 pm »

Here's a quick tip in building KDE apps when you are not sure of what the prefix is. Instead of passing an absolute prefix to the configure script, pass the following instead:

Code:
--prefix=`kde-config --prefix`
Thanks again Headacher, but using #./configure --prefix=`kde-config --prefix` does not change anything, I get exactly the same error, looking again for KDE libraries in /opt  Huh

Can you check again with the kdebase and kdelibs in the repo to make sure we have them fixed?
I just tried KDE base package from VL testing repos (3.5.8-i586-4vl59) and get absolutely same errors. Impossible to load amarok, using the package provided in the same repo :
Amarok splashscreen appears for about half a second...

...on my ASUS laptop with Pentium-M @1.8Ghz + ATI Mobility X700 + Intel Wireless 2200BG
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2007, 02:55:02 pm »

You have to upgrade kdelibs. That fixed the exact same error for me.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
florut

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2007, 12:45:26 am »

You have to upgrade kdelibs. That fixed the exact same error for me.
Great !! OK KDE and KDE apps seems to work fine now !
Sorry I did not think about that (still used to ubuntu automatic updates  Lips sealed). This will not happen again !! Wink

Joe1962
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2007, 05:11:05 pm »

The compiz-fusion on ATI post was split to it's own thread in the proper place. Remember to try and keep thread "contamination" down folks, it leads to more focused attention and answers. Better for searches too... Wink

http://www.vectorlinux.com/forum2/index.php?topic=4917.0

O'Neill (RE the Asgard): "Usually they ask nicely before they ignore us and do what they damn well please."
http://joe1962.bigbox.info
Running: VL 7 Std 64 + self-cooked XFCE-4.10
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: