Fantastic release. Thank you very much.
Issues (mostly minor):
1. Partition in VASM doesn't seem to do much. It opens up the help options for xdialog.
2. "Print Dialog" doesn't do anything here.
3. In fluxbox, the desktop image doesn't fit my (widescreen) monitor... it shows up centered, with black bars on each side.
4. When starting in xfce, during the little splash screen, the background is completely blue, although in 5.8 the background (before the desktop image shows up) is black. Not wanting to be picky, but I find it very ugly that it goes from kdm to black, to blue, to black again, and finally to the desktop background image.
5. Right-clicking on a tar.bz2 file shows the options of "extract here (tar.bz2)" and "extract here (.bz2)" but, in addition, two other options with different icons: "Extract here" (again) and "Extract to". These last two options do not work (it says "no suitable archive manager"). Also, this archive is not associated with Xarchiver for double-click opening.
6. The Volume applet is still a bit weird. When increasing the volume it goes back to 0% as before. But it seems to start working when properties are open and then closed. Note that I did not change any property. It seems that the properties weren't really "saved" before.
7. When I do a screen snapshot using the panel applet, the applet crashes and disappears from the panel immediately after saving the file.
8. Just spelling: In the mouse configuration, "How many button does your mouse have?" should read "buttons". In the window manager selection screen in VASM, it says "KDM selected for all user" should read "users".
And a few things that have been there forever (at least since 5.8 ), but aren't really that important:
9. When installing a tgz package by right-clicking, there seems to be no indication that the install is completed. I suppose that's the console output from slapt-get isn't it? Although we know we can just hit "close", a new user wouldn't see any "done" message.
10. In that KDM/XDM vasm screen it seems that scrolling the mouse wheel has the same effect as pressing "OK". This has accidentally happened to me quite a few times in 5.8. I'm not sure if it only happens in the Window Manager selection screen, or in other VASM screens as well.
11. The modem searching in the installer takes quite a bit and the installer just seems to hang if there is no modem present. Of course, users can just wait a bit, but it would be nice is it said something like "searching for modems".
So far, everything else is working perfectly.
Thanks a lot!