VectorLinux
August 27, 2014, 12:52:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: VectorLinux-5.9-final-GOLD is under the tree  (Read 26164 times)
Scott271

« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2008, 02:47:52 pm »

Just downloaded and installed it, ..... lovin' it!!!

Only one issue, I now have no sound. I was running 5.8 on this comp right before I installed 5.9, the sound was working fine with 5.8. I have tried to have alsa reconfig it twice to no avail, so if someone has some insight into how I can get this working - I'd greatly appreciate it.

Solved! I didn't even need beer and a hammer this time  Grin, ok maybe some beer was involved.

I ran alsaconfig again, rebooted, repeated a few more times, and worked fine. Having had some time to play around with this, I really like it. Great job!!!
M-ake

« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2008, 05:52:08 am »

- i still cant get COMPIZ to work: i make ALL step by step with VL wiki, no compiz icon is compiled, and after all steps i can force compiz with: indirect rendering and by forcing it. after that i have compiz effect and no way i can run winow borders or window title with standard menu (file, edit etc...).
- performance of video drivers for intel 945GM gma950 on VL is very poor. On ubuntu 7.10 i have better performanc with same compiz effects
- Firefox works SO DAMN SLOW !! Windows and Ubuntu FF works like a charm. on VL no Sad

So far, for me, VL was very suitable on desktop PC not on my nx7300 laptop. Sad

SHIT Sad i give next try as soon as possible - propably within 48h
On my intel 950gma the emerald issue can be fixed by running "LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 compiz --replace ccp &". However the performance is still poor for some reason.  Random hiccups.

Jumalauta!!
--
Fish go m00!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: