VectorLinux
October 30, 2014, 03:41:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ham radio Software  (Read 955 times)
kc1di
Packager
Vectorian

Morse Code Early digital mode. John 3:16

« on: November 30, 2007, 07:27:49 am »

Any Hams using VL 5.9 ?  if so can you direct me to a web page where I can get Psk31 software that
is  easy to install in VL ?
Thank you
Dave Kc1di

Dave
( Living Somewhere in Maine USA)
Registered Linux User #462608
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 08:54:03 am »

Any Hams using VL 5.9 ?
Yes. The best links for Linux ham radio software IMHO are here:
http://radio.linux.org.au/

There are a number of PSK31 applications listed there, but it is unlikely you will find VL packages for any, although most Slackware packages, if you can find them, will probably work. If not, you will have to compile them yourself, but I have done it quite a few times without any problems. Let me know if you need more assistance....

Larry VE7EA

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
kc1di
Packager
Vectorian

Morse Code Early digital mode. John 3:16

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2007, 09:53:57 am »

Any Hams using VL 5.9 ?
Yes. The best links for Linux ham radio software IMHO are here:
http://radio.linux.org.au/

There are a number of PSK31 applications listed there, but it is unlikely you will find VL packages for any, although most Slackware packages, if you can find them, will probably work. If not, you will have to compile them yourself, but I have done it quite a few times without any problems. Let me know if you need more assistance....

Larry VE7EA

Thank you Larry,
I've been trying to compile Fldigi  used that in another distro. but so far have been unsuccessful in V.L. 
when I do the make i get this error.

Failed command was:
    g++ -Isrc -Isrc/include -Isrc/irrxml -DNDEBUG -DUSE_TLS=1 -DPORTAUDIO -pipe -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-deprecated -O2 -ffast-math -fno-rtti -fexceptions -finline-functions -O2 -march=i586 -mtune=i686   -c src/cw_rtty/cw.cxx -o Objects/cw.o
make: *** [Objects/cw.o] Error 1

Any suggestions?

73 Dave KC1DI

Dave
( Living Somewhere in Maine USA)
Registered Linux User #462608
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2007, 10:05:32 am »

Failed command was:
    g++ -Isrc -Isrc/include -Isrc/irrxml -DNDEBUG -DUSE_TLS=1 -DPORTAUDIO -pipe -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-deprecated -O2 -ffast-math -fno-rtti -fexceptions -finline-functions -O2 -march=i586 -mtune=i686   -c src/cw_rtty/cw.cxx -o Objects/cw.o
make: *** [Objects/cw.o] Error 1
Dave : that seems to me as though make cannot find the object file in the directory "Objects" (/Objects/cw.o). Check to see whether the uncompressed directory structure is correct. If it is there and that file is valid and not empty then all I can suggest is that you run ./configure --help and see if there is some switch you can set to force it to look in the right directory.

EDIT (NB)!: I just read this at the fldigi download page:
You will need to have hamlib and fltk compiled and installed before compiling & installing the fldigi program.

Do you have fltk and hamlib installed? If not, that might be your problem. Many ham radio software progs require hamlib. Both fltk and hamlib are already packaged for VL and you can install them from our repository with gslapt.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2007, 01:57:48 pm by lagagnon » Logged

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: