VectorLinux
November 28, 2014, 05:05:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mouse COM1 and old sound drive  (Read 2209 times)
Mxnrl

« on: December 15, 2007, 08:09:41 am »

Hello, can you help me this that (Sorry for my bad English) - mouse in Vektor doesn't work, because i have an COM1 mouse. And i have an old ESS 1868 Sound Drive, and it also doesnt work(( Can you write me step-by-step, what i must do.
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 08:49:59 am »

I can help with the mouse. Open with your text edito as root the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Find the line like this one:

Option         "Device" "/dev/mouse"

Replace "/dev/mouse" with "/dev/ttyS0". Restart the xserver and done. That should do it.

About the sound, please post the output of lspci and lsmod here. That will give us the exact model of your snd and the module or 'driver' it is using.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
JohnB316
Administrator
Vectorian

Registered Linux User #386728

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 06:52:08 pm »

Mxnrl,

If you feel more comfortable posting in your native language, feel free to do so. Just let us know what that language is, so that we can be sure that we have somebody who can respond to you in your mother tongue. ;-)

Cheers,
John

VL 6.0 SOHO latest alpha on one box, VL 5.9 Lite on the other.
Mxnrl

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 04:58:21 am »

If you feel more comfortable posting in your native language, feel free to do so. Just let us know what that language is, so that we can be sure that we have somebody who can respond to you in your mother tongue. ;-)

O! Im speak Russian)

Я таки понял что надо заменить, но понятия не имею каким образом можно открыть текстовый редактор) Как я понял под Вектором хоткеев нету.. Вроде))

А вообще это мой первый линух)
JohnB316
Administrator
Vectorian

Registered Linux User #386728

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 06:43:49 am »

---snip---

Я таки понял что надо заменить, но понятия не имею каким образом можно открыть текстовый редактор) Как я понял под Вектором хоткеев нету.. Вроде))

А вообще это мой первый линух)

Вітаймо до Вектор Линукс!

I actually speak a little bit of Ukrainian (I speak better than I write, unfortunately :-( ), so that's my attempt to welcome you to the forum, Mxnrl! Smiley For the benefit of those who don't read Russian, you said that Vector is your first time using Linux. We do have several forum members who speak Russian, if only Vanger is still around. ;-)

John

VL 6.0 SOHO latest alpha on one box, VL 5.9 Lite on the other.
Mxnrl

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 11:09:31 am »

Вітаймо до Вектор Линукс!

I actually speak a little bit of Ukrainian (I speak better than I write, unfortunately :-( ), so that's my attempt to welcome you to the forum, Mxnrl! Smiley For the benefit of those who don't read Russian, you said that Vector is your first time using Linux. We do have several forum members who speak Russian, if only Vanger is still around. ;-)

John

Спасибо! I'm living in Ukraine - Crimea) Mouse now work! But i also have an artifacts on screen (it blink with some white lines), and work very slow (I'm have p-180 MHz, 32 MB ram, video with 4 MB), maybe there was a ways to make it work more faster?

Vangers.. Very-very cool game)

Now i understand why Windows sucks=)
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 12:33:23 pm »

p-180 MHz, 32 MB ram, video with 4 MB

Wow, only a few distros will run X-windows on that one. If you are not already using fluxbox or JWM as the window manager, switching to one of those should give you a significant speed boost over XFCE.
Mxnrl

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2007, 04:41:47 am »

Wow, only a few distros will run X-windows on that one. If you are not already using fluxbox or JWM as the window manager, switching to one of those should give you a significant speed boost over XFCE.

Im must download Fluxbox Slackware package?
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2007, 05:26:05 am »

Im must download Fluxbox Slackware package?

We don't wich version of vl you are using  Roll Eyes. If you have 5.8, you can install fluxbox with slapt-get --install fluxbox. Fluxbox is already there in 5.9, just click in the session button at the login screen to change your wm.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: