VectorLinux
September 02, 2014, 05:42:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just installed VL 5.8 SOHO  (Read 1255 times)
thefaulty

« on: December 08, 2007, 04:18:27 pm »

I don't feel like look through the forum.  Some please help me or I'm just going to use another distro.

1)How the hell do you turn off those sound notifications whenever anything pops up or I close/minimize a window?Huh  Why is this enabled anyways its extremely annoying. 

2)Also all my browsers are fine except firefox which seems to think I am blind.  How do I make it so that its using normal font and not something outrageous like 18 pt.

3)for the Weather applet for the kde menu bar... how do I make it so that it displays the tempurature in Celcius.  When will people realize that not everyone is american and uses something called metric.

exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2007, 05:50:43 pm »

Easy Tiger!  It's nice to meet you too!  Smiley
I don't feel like look through the forum.
That's a shame. because this question:
1)How the hell do you turn off those sound notifications whenever anything pops up or I close/minimize a window?
Was answered yesterday. http://www.vectorlinux.com/forum2/index.php?topic=4889.msg32620#msg32620
Also all my browsers are fine except firefox which seems to think I am blind.  How do I make it so that its using normal font and not something outrageous like 18 pt.
If you knew what the font size was, why didn't you change it while you were there? Edit > Preferences > Content tab > Font size.
When will people realize that not everyone is american and uses something called metric.
You're so right my friend, and silly of us to overlook that little detail.  This is a Canadian Distro after all  Cheesy

Happy Holidays
Lee
kidd
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 06:25:20 am »

I don't feel like look through the forum.  Some please help me or I'm just going to use another distro.

If you are not going to look through documentation, can I recommend a distro called Windows Vista?

Welcome to VL, but one day you can try to use the search feature in this forum.

The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 06:29:44 am »

With that attitude you won't be greeted with love & smiles elsewhere either. Just use the search function, we have more things to do than keep answering the same questions over and over because you are too lazy to search, and our time is better spent helping other people who DO put in a little effort. 

3)for the Weather applet for the kde menu bar... how do I make it so that it displays the tempurature in Celcius.  When will people realize that not everyone is american and uses something called metric.
I don't seem to have that applet, but take a look in KDE's control center "Regional & Accessibility" -> "Country / Region & Language" -> "Other". There, you can select to use the metric system.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 11:25:08 pm by The Headacher » Logged

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
bigpaws
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 06:39:14 pm »

Hi thefaulty,

When a distribution is made it is not possible to setup for all
locales. Some user setup is needed. There is also no way to
guess what every hardware combination may be. There will be
times that problems can happen even as hard as they try.

So there is a place to have all of your questions taken care of:

https://vector.ecosq.com/ic/Support

These folks will answer your questions. No reading or searching
needed. Just a simple request with the type of problem and any
other information you can provide.

It is understood that not everyone has the wish or desire to spend time
to customize their systems. Hence the reason for this support site.
If you wish one on one direct remote support maybe available.

Bigpaws

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: