VectorLinux
October 21, 2014, 08:37:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Mouse serial problems  (Read 1472 times)
Techunas

« on: December 09, 2007, 07:23:24 am »

I am trying to resurrect an old K6-2 with 450 mhz, for my work in general distro runs very well considering the antiquity of the jar, the only problem that I have empelotado, and that I could not solve, is the use of the mouse serial, that is not known, I do not appear pointer. I have done everything said San Google but no case, does not want to install a braquet PS-2.Agradeceria any help in that regard, because I get to use VL, it would be my third PC with distro ..

Salu2     Huh Huh Huh Huh
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 08:37:48 am by JohnB316 » Logged

Linux es mi copiloto
VectorLinux 5.8 Soho Final
Linuxeando
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 07:27:40 am »

You need to edit the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf. Find the stanza "InputDevice" and it should look like this:

Section "InputDevice"
Identifier  "Mouse0"
Driver      "mouse"
Option      "Protocol" "Microsoft"
Option      "Device" "/dev/ttyS0"
Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

That should work for you...

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
Techunas

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 10:37:41 am »

That's actually what I have done to solve the problem, but to no avail, thanks anyway and continue intentando.

:'(Salu2 Cry

Linux es mi copiloto
Linuxeando
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 11:20:29 am »

Then that probably suggests you did not enable the serial service when you installed VL. do this:

1) dmesg | grep serial

you should see something like this:

serial8250: ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
serial8250: ttyS1 at I/O 0x2f8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A

that means the kernel sees your serial ports and they are probably functioning from a hardware perspective.

2) ls -al /etc/rc.d

you should see this:

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2895 2006-10-18 23:38 /etc/rc.d/rc.serial*

If there are no "x"'s then you have not enable the serial service and you need to go to VASM, SUPER, HARDWARE, HWSET and enable serial.

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
Techunas

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 02:32:21 pm »

Okay. LagaƱon now if that grateful, it seems to me more feasible morning arrival in my ofcina come to the installation and configuration, I am reporting as I was, if it serves someone mas.
Agradecido by the prompt response.

Linux es mi copiloto
Linuxeando
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: