VectorLinux
April 15, 2014, 11:23:54 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: My response to a "distasteful" post  (Read 4211 times)
reb
Vectorite

The BOSS

« on: December 09, 2007, 07:58:53 am »

I would like to express my gratitude to 'exterdad', 'kidd' and 'The Headacher' for their gracious answers to a very recent childish, outrageously tempestuous post by someone who seems to think that the world owes them everything.

I've only been a member here for a short time, and I hope this isn't out of line, but I want everyone to know that I'm proud to be a member along side such wonderful people who every day go out of their way to help those of us who are struggling.

My gracious thanks to you all

reb 
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 11:31:04 pm by The Headacher » Logged

Ye Ole Montana Saddle Tramp
Nothing is right or wrong, good or bad, only thinking makes it so.  Think about it.
Running a Vector Linux VL3300 with 1 SATA 80GB HDD and 1GB DDR 400 ram, DVD+-RW , and VL 5.9 Delux
saulgoode
Vectorite

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 09:08:37 am »

I've heard that Exeterdad was banned from the Debian forums for his kind behavior.

A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from a simple system that works.
boilertech

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 01:11:15 pm »

I second that. Good work people. You are truly an inspiration.
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 08:22:02 pm »

I've heard that Exeterdad was banned from the Debian forums for his kind behavior.

Oh chew glass!  I hate each and every one of your sorry a$$'s.  Feel better now?

Cheesy
bigpaws
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 08:52:04 pm »

Exeterdad

Almost lost my coffee on that response.

Smiley

Bigpaws
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 11:35:14 pm »

reb, I moved this topic to the lounge since that seemed a better place for this sort of thread.

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
blurymind
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 04:16:48 am »

and i have no idea whats going on here  Roll Eyes

status: playing around with new tablet and learning to 3d :p
google page :  http://blurymind.googlepages.com
DA PAGE :  http://www.blurymind.deviantart.com/
easuter
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 05:15:30 am »

and i have no idea whats going on here  Roll Eyes

blurymind, they are talking about this:

http://www.vectorlinux.com/forum2/index.php?topic=4897.0

Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

Domine, exaudi vocem meam

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 05:26:02 am »

I would like to express my gratitude to 'exterdad', 'kidd' and 'The Headacher' for their gracious answers to a very recent childish, outrageously tempestuous post by someone who seems to think that the world owes them everything.

I would almost cheer with everyone else, but then I remembered I'm prone to childish outbursts myself.  Tongue

"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 06:33:29 am »

Hello everyone,

I would like someone from Vector Linux to come over to my house and set up the distribution on my computer the way I like it whilst I recline in my easy chair and drink beer.  On the way out that person will get a kick in the arse to help him/her to his/her automobile.

I've also heard that some people in Hell want icewater.  One of you take them some or I'll have a hissy and start spewing vulgarities.

Grin

Love and thanks to everyone involved with Vector Linux in any way for the great distro and all the fantastic help since I started using it.  I'm looking at you hanu, and exeterdad, and M0E, ... and a whole bunch of other people whose nicks I can't remember right now.

Tom

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 06:46:35 am »

Holy Cow! Look who the cat drug in (tomh38)!
Yep, the man is drawn to "Jerry Springer" action.  I've got your number now buddy  Cheesy

Nice to see ya again Tom...  errrr nice to read ya again? Type ya again...  Ummm...  what was it I was talking about anyway?
reb
Vectorite

The BOSS

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 09:11:35 am »

Grin  Grin  Grin  Cheesy

Oh chew glass!  I hate each and every one of your sorry a$$'s.  Feel better now?
exeterdad, I'm still L(ing)MAO over that one.

Almost lost my coffee on that response.
bigpaws I'd be happy to bring you another cup, but after my second step I would probably forget what I doing and just drink the coffee myself.

reb, I moved this topic to the lounge since that seemed a better place for this sort of thread.
The Headacher, you were probably correct in doing so, and I'm sure I know why you did it.  Wink

I would almost cheer with everyone else, but then I remembered I'm prone to childish outbursts myself.  Tongue
LOL  Ok hanumizzle I'll let you compare notes with exeterdad.  Grin

I would like someone from Vector Linux to come over to my house and set up the distribution on my computer the way I like it whilst I recline in my easy chair and drink beer.  On the way out that person will get a kick in the arse to help him/her to his/her automobile.

I've also heard that some people in Hell want icewater.  One of you take them some or I'll have a hissy and start spewing vulgarities.

Grin

Love and thanks to everyone involved with Vector Linux in any way for the great distro and all the fantastic help since I started using it.  I'm looking at you hanu, and exeterdad, and M0E, ... and a whole bunch of other people whose nicks I can't remember right now.
tomh38, that was classic.  You're my kind of people. But neither of us know whether that is good or bad, do we?  chuckle, chuckle, chucle

I have one more thing to add about myself.  At my age, I feel like I have earned the right to be just a little bit opinionated.  At 80 years of age, I served in WWII, followed the shameful episode of 'Charles Manson', laughed at and with the hippies, shook my head in dismay at the anti-war demonstrations during the Vietnam debacle, etc., etc.  Now I find myself, after over 20 years of playing with computers, and determined to master VL, in a rather lonly place.  In the area where I live there is absolutely no one even close to my age who wants to be a linux buddy.  So the Vectorbie forum became my refuge, and you are stuck me until I get this linux thingy under my belt, so you best help me or you could be stuck with me for a long long time  Cheesy

thanks to all you neat people

reb  "the social rebel, not a southern rebel"

Ye Ole Montana Saddle Tramp
Nothing is right or wrong, good or bad, only thinking makes it so.  Think about it.
Running a Vector Linux VL3300 with 1 SATA 80GB HDD and 1GB DDR 400 ram, DVD+-RW , and VL 5.9 Delux
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 09:39:34 am »

In the area where I live there is absolutely no one even close to my age who wants to be a linux buddy.
Don't feel pregnant Reb, I don't even know any (non-internet) Linux users.
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2007, 10:20:47 am »

Hey reb,

Glad to know you, sorry I can't be your Linux buddy in real life, but I'm glad to be so in these forums.  I think that you'll find that there are lots of others who are also willing.  Maybe you've already discovered that.  I've never found another forum of any kind that was this helpful and friendly.  Even when people disagree, they're civil about it and agree to disagree.  Also, I think you'll find that age doesn't matter much here.  Some of us are younger, some older, but nobody really seems to care.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for your service in the Second World War.  You (I know, along with a lot of other people from all over the world) risked your life for freedom and what was right.  I am not old enough to remember it, but that doesn't mean it isn't important to me.  I haven't forgotten, and I will never forget.

exeterdad
Yeah, I haven't been around much lately, but I'll come out for "Jerry Springer" stuff.  Cheesy  I will say this though:  I haven't been wasting my time with VL.  I've wanted to be a packager for some time, but at first I didn't know how involved that is.  I've been learning a lot (when my work schedule permits), and I would really like to be a significant contributor by the time 6.0 is in development.  At this point I can compile and install stuff for my own system pretty well, so I'm getting there.

As for the rest, I like how everybody handled that guy ... you know who I mean.  I hope he learned that this isn't the place to be a jerk.  I have a feeling he might just have been trolling.

Oh, and reb, please stick around even after you have a good handle on VL.

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2007, 12:00:40 pm »

I've wanted to be a packager for some time, but at first I didn't know how involved that is.
I can tell you are smarter than the average bear Tom.  You'd do great.   VL hasn't fired me yet, so it can't be too hard right?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: