VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Madtux PC  (Read 1310 times)

dawnsboy

• Vectorite
Madtux PC
« on: December 10, 2007, 05:47:17 pm »

I bought a PC from Madtux pre-installed with Vector Linux 5.8 SOHO for my 15 year old daughter last month.  She is not at all interested in computers beyond the value of the immediate usage.  She has none of her fathers interest in computers and technology.  She is, however a convert to linux.  She found it easier to use than windows and much to my surprise has learned how to customize her experience with linux without any help from dad. 

In my humble opinion that is the true test of any OS.  Vector Linux passed with flying colors!   ;)
Custom Mini-Itx - VL6.0 Light

rbistolfi

• Packager
  • Vectorian
Re: Madtux PC
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 07:02:53 pm »

Well, give our welcome to Dawnsgirl then. I have an eight month daughter, and surely she will use vl some day. It is a good way to increase the Linux market share, to have kiddies. 
"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!

dawnsboy

• Vectorite
Re: Madtux PC
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 04:27:06 pm »

;)
Custom Mini-Itx - VL6.0 Light