VectorLinux
September 19, 2014, 05:29:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Linux CD Ripper? / Software finding and installing Help  (Read 4366 times)
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

Domine, exaudi vocem meam

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2007, 10:28:06 am »

Also is there a way if you have a huge amount of .tgz files to do a batch install? if there not off a repository but on my local network?

cd into the directory containing the packages and type installpkg *.tgz.  Smiley

Does this work if there broken into different folders and what not?

its set up like so

/VL warez/ with some in here
/VL warez/libs/
/VL warez/games/2d
/VL warez/games/3d

if I ran installpkg *.tgz. in /VL warez/ would it catch them all?

No, but you could type

Code:
cd VL\ warez
find . -name '*.tgz' | xargs installpkg

"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2007, 10:29:45 am »

Are these all the same repositories? or do they hold different software?  I found when I had too many that I got a bunch of redundant packages...
Yes, they should hold the same software, no need to enable more than one of these. But one may be faster than the others for you, that's why I posted all 3 of 'm.

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
newt
Vectorian

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2007, 10:40:34 am »

Last off topic post (I promise):

The requests forum is here: http://www.vectorlinux.com/forum2/index.php?board=35.0
It's pretty easy; title the topic as the package you'd like, and add a description and link to the package, submit the post.

Vpackage thread is here: http://www.vectorlinux.com/forum2/index.php?topic=4259.0
This utility basically takes as much of the command line out of packaging as possible (thx MOE).  You feed it the source, make a few choices, and it spits out a VL package.  Super nifty utility if you ask me Cheesy
jduped
Vectorite

Don't Worry, Be Happy

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2007, 11:34:31 am »

Well I think this post has diverged enough that its a howto packaging / glsapt AND best linux cd ripper.

Thanks for all the suggestions  I'm going to have new things to play with Smiley

As usual I'm thankful for not just advice...but GOOD advice.  There is a difference and for some reason this community gets it.

Ask Yourself

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: