VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: GNOME 2.20  (Read 5766 times)

oldos2er

Re: GNOME 2.20
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2007, 09:27:11 pm »

The peeps over at www.slacky.eu have built GNOME 2.20 for Slackware 12.  I haven't tried it, since I don't really need anything GNOME has, but somebody might want to give it a try.

I'm going to give it a try. In case anyone's interested, here's a torrent link: http://www.slacky.eu/gslacky/12.0/2.20.2/torrent/GSlacky-2.20.2-Compiz-Fusion.torrent

Pita

• Vectorian
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2007, 01:29:07 am »

As I have reported under Distro Releases I have installed in VL5.9-STD dropline-gnome-2.20.2 and it is working fine. Since I grew-up with gnome using Linux I am just so used to some of its fine programs. As a desktop its fluxbox with a xfce4-panel all the way for me.

Regards

Colonel Panic

• Vectorian
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2007, 10:43:20 am »

Thanks for that info. It mightn't be a bad idea for Vector users who are interested in Gnome to try out each of the Slackware-friendly Gnome packages such as Freerock, Dropline and that other one (GWR?) to see which one works best.
Pages: 1 [2]