VectorLinux
July 31, 2014, 07:31:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello all!  (Read 1338 times)
qki
« on: December 17, 2007, 09:52:08 am »

Hello all, I am Alex! Smiley

My first Vector was 4.0, but I've replaced it with Slackware after one month (I was satisfied with VL, but wanted to try pure Slack...curiosity). Since then I've been using Slack as main distro and testing other distros/BSDs on another partition. This summer I've decided to download 5.8-SOHO. Downloaded, burned ISO, but I had a lot to study for exams and simply did not have enough time to install it. Later I forgot about it. Sad

Last night, I was checking some CDs and ran across VL disk. I've installed it immediately and I must admit - I fell in love. Wink It is fantastic - fast (amazing), beautiful artwork (except mouse cursor - too big Undecided) and one thing I appreciate most - excellent software choice. All my fav progams are installed.

I was configuring it all night and there is no way I will remove it. Slack will stay on another partition, but I am using Vector from now on.

Great work VL team!

Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

Domine, exaudi vocem meam

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 04:14:15 pm »

Hi Alex! Glad to see that

The global Vector community certainly has grown much over the years. I think we have three South Slavonic users here on the forum so far. Smiley

"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 07:09:27 pm »

Welcome to VectoLinux.

Feel free to ask anything, we'll do our best to help.  Wink
qki
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 04:14:49 pm »

Thank you guys. Smiley

There were only few minor problems with VL and this evening I've decided to completely replace Slack. Slack stays on desktop, but laptop is from now on completely under Vector. Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: