VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Hello all!  (Read 1583 times)

qki

Hello all!
« on: December 17, 2007, 09:52:08 am »

Hello all, I am Alex! :)

My first Vector was 4.0, but I've replaced it with Slackware after one month (I was satisfied with VL, but wanted to try pure Slack...curiosity). Since then I've been using Slack as main distro and testing other distros/BSDs on another partition. This summer I've decided to download 5.8-SOHO. Downloaded, burned ISO, but I had a lot to study for exams and simply did not have enough time to install it. Later I forgot about it. :(

Last night, I was checking some CDs and ran across VL disk. I've installed it immediately and I must admit - I fell in love. ;) It is fantastic - fast (amazing), beautiful artwork (except mouse cursor - too big :-\) and one thing I appreciate most - excellent software choice. All my fav progams are installed.

I was configuring it all night and there is no way I will remove it. Slack will stay on another partition, but I am using Vector from now on.

Great work VL team!

Triarius Fidelis

• Vecteloper
  • Vectorian
  • Domine, exaudi vocem meam
    • my website
Re: Hello all!
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 04:14:15 pm »

Hi Alex! Glad to see that

The global Vector community certainly has grown much over the years. I think we have three South Slavonic users here on the forum so far. :)
"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months

exeterdad

• Packager
  • Vectorian
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 07:09:27 pm »

Welcome to VectoLinux.

Feel free to ask anything, we'll do our best to help.  ;)

qki

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 04:14:49 pm »

Thank you guys. :)

There were only few minor problems with VL and this evening I've decided to completely replace Slack. Slack stays on desktop, but laptop is from now on completely under Vector. ;)