VectorLinux
October 31, 2014, 07:26:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Not Dead Yet! And Happy Holidays to all  (Read 932 times)
GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« on: December 21, 2007, 07:22:25 pm »

If you've wondered where my usual mouthy self has been, I'm trying to get caught up on Christmas preparations. Not very successfully, I might add. I have a very major project that will have to wait until Dec. 29th to get started, though it should have been done before Christmas. Tomorrow I start on the Christmas cookies--a job I loathe with all my being, but which must be done lest husband/children/grandchildren endure broken hearts. Daughter-in-law just checked yesterday to make sure cookies were on the menu again this year.

Our Georgia (USA) son and his family are driving up and will be in the area about a week. Our daughter-in-law's family lives about 35 miles from us, so we won't be seeing them all the time. Our New Hampshire daughter and her family will be here for a couple of days. They, too, have to split their time with our son-in-law's family, who live in Massachusetts.

The Georgia grandchildren are looking forward to fun in the snow. We have about two feet on the ground. The temperature is supposed to rise above freezing tomorrow and Sunday and it's supposed to rain on Sunday, Sad but will again get colder and we may have more snow before Christmas. I have to get the visitor accounts on three of my Linux computers customized for kid use.

Anyway, I probably won't be posting much until after the holidays. I do check in every day as a guest, however--always hoping to see that 5.9 has gone Gold. I can't wait!

Have a wonderful holiday season and a happy and healthy 2008!
--GrannyGeek

Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 07:34:05 pm »

That sounds wonderful, Granny! I am sure those cookies are famous. I wish you the best time with your family, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all the *Geeks too Smiley

PS: Oh, good luck with the big project.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 07:37:00 pm by rbistolfi » Logged

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
Lyn
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 01:33:50 am »

Mmmmm have a fun festive season Granny - I too have assorted biscuits to bake and chocolate truffles to make, these are destined to be gifts to friends who seem to like them and prefer them to the usual gifts :-)  so the holidays sees me chained to the kitchen also.

Have a fun one everyone.
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 05:24:06 am »

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year GrannyGeek!  I have my own Christmas cookies to bake, (yes, I'm a guy and I bake cookies), and I'll be relieved when it's all over.

Don't plan on dying any time soon.  You're needed too much in these forums!

Have fun with all your family.

Tom

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: