VectorLinux
October 01, 2014, 01:55:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: semester almost over  (Read 2297 times)
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

Domine, exaudi vocem meam

« on: December 19, 2007, 02:39:27 am »

Come 10:00 am this Wednesday morning, the current semester is officially over for me.

I hated it. But let me give a summary:

Computer Science II - Comp Sci and I fought viciously near the edge of a cliff. I hooked the beard of my axe around Comp Sci's neck and swung it hard so that he lost balance. As he staggered at the precipice, I combat kicked him into his untimely demise upon the rocks below. That is all.

Geography I - an elective, likewise owned — will likely become useful at some point

Calculus II - pwned me, I hope I pass

English II - I should pass -- I didn't care about that class ever though

Next semester will be better, I hope. I'm taking Discrete Mathematics, also under Rolón, but that class or, at least, its subject matter, kicks ass and I know some of it already. Computer Organization should not be boring (assembly is used) and I'll actually show up for lectures all the time. The ESL students tell me Speech Communication is really easy and Ancient & Medieval History should not be a challenge either. I'll be able to stay in PTK, woot.

"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 02:42:13 am »

Woohoo!

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
BlueMage
Vectorite

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 05:23:52 am »

Anything that involves assembly language is often very fun.  I mean that in several senses of the phrasing.

Acer Laptop:  Vector 5.8 SOHO Final & Windows XP Professional & USB (still alive!)
Compaq POS (almost dead): Vector 5.9 Light Beta 5
Quad-core BEAST: Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit & Vector 5.9 64-bit beta-2
Old 500MHz media box:  Vector 5.8 SOHO Final (dead)
701 EeePC:  Puppeee (based on Puppy 4.01)
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 05:51:15 am »

I have a secretary who has the job of assembling the English language after I use it. He doesn't enjoy it though.

I remember a boring semester. History of Science. A young professor trying to refute Aristotle's Physics using Newton theory. OMG, every single week. College is not like in America here. Starting, the Filosofia y Letras building used to be a factory (car tires, I think). Anthropology students are always drunk. Actually that is pretty funny, but the noise is disturbing. The State one is the best, and free as in beer. Every man from the right wing is trying to change that. One professor never accept an argument from a student, he refutes everything and show his tongue after, like this  Tongue.
Rolón? I know one guy with that name. He is a therapist, though.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 06:48:57 am »

I have a secretary who has the job of assembling the English language after I use it. He doesn't enjoy it though.

I remember a boring semester. History of Science. A young professor trying to refute Aristotle's Physics using Newton theory. OMG, every single week.

You have to admit that Aristotle's Physics was pretty retarded compared to the obscure, but very skillful Greek mechanical innovations of the time. Hero of Alexandria had a lot to show for his conjectures.

College is not like in America here. Starting, the Filosofia y Letras building used to be a factory (car tires, I think). Anthropology students are always drunk.

Here business admin. students are always drunk. Smiley

tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 07:42:57 am »

When I was in college all the students were always drunk.

Hey, give Aristotle a break.  It's not like he had anything to start with.  We take all sorts of scientific principles as given, but they had to be squeezed out of Mother Nature like ... never mind, that's a bad analogy.  Anyway, Aristotle was wrong about many things in the physical world, but he didn't know people were going to follow his ideas slavishly for 2,000 years.  And his students were probably drunk.

Let me start over.  You have to admit that Aristotle's Physics was pretty retarded compared to the obscure, but very skillful Greek mechanical innovations of the time. Hero of Alexandria had a lot to show for his conjectures.

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 07:54:32 am »

Let me start over.  You have to admit that Aristotle's Physics was pretty retarded compared to the obscure, but very skillful Greek mechanical innovations of the time. Hero of Alexandria had a lot to show for his conjectures.

Superman: progenitor of the Greek people.

BlueMage
Vectorite

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 02:07:15 pm »

Here, engineering students - I was the exception Sad

Acer Laptop:  Vector 5.8 SOHO Final & Windows XP Professional & USB (still alive!)
Compaq POS (almost dead): Vector 5.9 Light Beta 5
Quad-core BEAST: Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit & Vector 5.9 64-bit beta-2
Old 500MHz media box:  Vector 5.8 SOHO Final (dead)
701 EeePC:  Puppeee (based on Puppy 4.01)
Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 06:22:40 pm »

Here, engineering students - I was the exception Sad

Nothing to be ashamed of.

Xeon
Vectorite

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 06:22:49 am »

Nice hanumizzle. I guess you are gonna like the discrete math next semester? Cheesy.

Although i am still on secondary school my trimester also finished. 69% in total (what a number  Grin) and a peak at physics (92%)
I put myself in a really good position to pass this year and pass on to the high school/university.

Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 07:01:31 am »

Nice hanumizzle. I guess you are gonna like the discrete math next semester? Cheesy.

With the time I have to study abstract algebra and Haskell (i.e., applied discrete mathematics) in the next three or four weeks, I should. We'll do a lot of proofs and that's something I'd like, because I'm not really used to doing proofs.

Although i am still on secondary school my trimester also finished. 69% in total (what a number  Grin) and a peak at physics (92%)
I put myself in a really good position to pass this year and pass on to the high school/university.

I guess the 92% in physics as opposed to 69% total is because they made you take a lot of boring and pointless classes like Latin. I know how you feel. I wouldn't even bother studying for such things.

As a cultural note, I know the meaning of 'high school' in most Germanic languages (e.g., högskola). But here, 'high school' is a secondary school. When you say 'high school', it tends to confuse most English speakers.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: