Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Am I supposed to introduce myself?  (Read 2486 times)

Am I supposed to introduce myself?
« on: December 19, 2007, 11:52:03 am »

Hi, I shook dweeberkitty's left hand, and he got me interested in VL. So now I'm beginning my decent into the depths of the greatest open-source operating system ever, linux. I've previously used Windows, and hated it, and Mac OS X, which I loved. But I want to build my own computer, and learn the way linux works, and there's nothing better than Vector Linux for that. But believe me, I'm going to have a few questions.

• Packager
  • Vectorian
Re: Am I supposed to introduce myself?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 01:17:58 pm »

I'm sorry...  this is the funniest intro I've seen yet.  Can't stop cracking up.

• Vectorite
  • Don't Worry, Be Happy
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 05:01:17 pm »

Welcome, and I wish I found this linux first...would've made things a lot less frustrating.

Don't be afraid to ask stupid questions...all the people that have helped me, have never referred to my retarded questions as stupid...but I know better...

Ask and any one responding will do there best to help you, that has been my experience :)
Ask Yourself

• Packager
  • Vectorian
    • Multimedia Bonus Disc
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 04:55:10 pm »

Hey IShookDweeberkittysHand! I remembered you said you were going to sign into the forum with that name, but I didn't think you'd actually do it. Welcome to VL my friend!  ;D
Registered Linux User #443399
Desktop: Intel Pentium D 3.33Ghz, 320GB hard drive, 2 gigs DDR2 533mhz RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 7800 GS, X2GEN 22" widescreen monitor;
Laptop: Dell Mini 9, Intel Atom 1.6Ghz, 1GB ram
Multimedia Bonus Disc website: