I think i need to wait a little bit with VL 5.9 beocse of few annoying things:
- as previous no OSD info about 3 hardware buttons: vol up, vol down, mute
- as previuse working of mute/volume hardware buttons is various
- i have problem with disappearing xorg.conf (after modifications with vasmCC) after restart no available screens found. after i make from console su vasm and after new xorg setup all works
- i have random errors who looks smth like that:
screen disappears and black screen appears. on top of it i have green bar filled with many black dots and scratches.
ctrl+alt+del, ctrl+alt+backspace, ctrl+f1 to f12 doesnt work. only normal switch off/on works.
- wireless network on iw3945 has problem with autoloading wifi module. i need to make all with vlwifi which is annoying (tryed all how-to's)
- i still cant get COMPIZ to work: i make ALL step by step with VL wiki, no compiz icon is compiled, and after all steps i can force compiz with: indirect rendering and by forcing it. after that i have compiz effect and no way i can run winow borders or window title with standard menu (file, edit etc...).
- performance of video drivers for intel 945GM gma950 on VL is very poor. On ubuntu 7.10 i have better performanc with same compiz effects
- Firefox works SO DAMN SLOW !! Windows and Ubuntu FF works like a charm. on VL no
So far, for me, VL was very suitable on desktop PC not on my nx7300 laptop.
i give next try as soon as possible - propably within 48h