VectorLinux
September 02, 2014, 12:49:37 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: installing gnucash on VL std gold 6? [Solved-updated]  (Read 1848 times)
davidlondonuk

« on: January 06, 2011, 12:08:21 pm »

Hi,

I'm trying to install gnucash, gslapt shows version 2.8, but when I try to install i get all sorts of dependency problems.

I downloaded libxml2 as tgz package and installed, I got a splash screen and that was it, from the command line there was a scheme not found error.

Anyone know how to install it?

Solution: What confuses me with VL is that it does not install deps for a package. Maybe it's my lack of knowledge of VL, but I can't see a way even from the command line to get the dependencies for a package?

Anyway, I used slackfind to downdload libxml2-2.6.31 and slib-3b1 and installed them, installed gnucash-2.2.8 with gslapt and it works fine. The slib version that gslapt shows in its listing will not work.

Update: Gnucash 2.2.8 kept crashing when windows were closed eg closing a posted invoice window caused the program to crash. Version 2.2.5 seems a lot more stable and have no problems so far.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 01:42:36 am by davidlondonuk » Logged
hata_ph
Packager
Vectorian

-- Just being myself --

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 04:43:01 pm »

what version of VL u are currently using?
davidlondonuk

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 12:38:58 am »

VL Std Gold 6
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: