VectorLinux
January 29, 2015, 10:02:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: backspace key, delete key, and paste function don't work properly  (Read 221 times)
OtisT

« on: January 03, 2015, 02:09:44 am »

I've got VL 7.0 Gold dual-booting on a Compaq CQ56 laptop with Windows 7.  The laptop has a 2.3GHz V140 AMD processor, 2Gb of RAM, and ATI Radeon HD 4250 Graphics. 

I've noticed that holding down the backspace key only backs up one character at a time and sometimes doesn't work at all.  The delete key frequently does the same.  In addition, I'm finding I can't copy & paste into some applications - like Facebook on Firefox.

Everything works perfectly in Windows 7, and in Linux Mint (using a live DVD), so I know it's not a hardware issue.  I've been dabbling in Linux for a while, but am still very much a noob.

I've been doing some searching, both here and on the Web, but while I've found several possible explanations, the steps given to resolve them don't ever seem to apply to the version of VL I'm using.

Any thoughts or tips will be gratefully accepted.  Thanks.

Otis
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: