VectorLinux
December 20, 2014, 02:34:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Belkin Pre-N Wireless - Can it be done?  (Read 1564 times)
okiechef

« on: December 25, 2007, 02:04:09 pm »

Greetinfgs. First let me say that I am the newest newbie that ever lives when it comes to linux. I am sick and tired of windows and want to run linux on an older HP laptop (OB 4150). It is a P2 366 with 256MB of RAM. My biggest issue is the fact that I have a Belkin Pre-N PCMCIA card and router. I have read the HowTo and have found some source code and "toolchains" for these pieces of hardware on belkins website. I use the belkin because it seems to be the only card that lets me use wireless in my home. I have tried 802.11g without any luck. If I can get information on how to get the card working I am READY to switch over to linux. XP is a bloated pig on this laptop and I am always up to a challenge so let me know if I am crazy or if if this is doable. I have no problem going with a "g" card with the Pre-N router (I haven't tried it but it might work) but would prefer to keep the hardware I have.  Thanks for you patience. 
bigpaws
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2007, 03:46:16 pm »

The first place to start would be a make, model and if there
is one a version number on the card. That is the first thing to
get going is the card. Then the second is the connection.

Please post the answers, if you are not sure try as root lspci.

Bigpaws
okiechef

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 10:10:56 am »

The Card 8010 and it is version 1002
bigpaws
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 03:28:53 pm »

Try this:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-wireless-networking-41/belkin-pre-n-f5d8000-network-card-379814/page2.html

You can also look at the Ndiswrapper site.

Bigpaws
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: