VectorLinux
October 25, 2014, 07:45:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VL 5.9 Gold Issues  (Read 1014 times)
jduped
Vectorite

Don't Worry, Be Happy

« on: December 26, 2007, 01:42:25 am »

I'm having issues running things that require root access...

Example #1

I had some tgz packages I made that I could install by simply right clicking then left clicking install, in rc1 and rc3 it would prompt for root pass and bam install would occur.

Example #2

I tried to use su thunar, and for some reason via the launchers I'm not getting again prompted for root access.

Example #3

I was trying to run gslapt and again nothing...no prompt...

I believe my issue is I'm not being prompted for root access and as such I'm not getting root access. 

For example 1 and 2 I just made myself root and opened thunar, that was my viable work around.

I'm not sure of the program that needs to be executed for gslapt, I figure it'd be in the sbin but looking in there kind of scares me.
This is a fresh install, and I'm not sure if any one else has had this issue...if you had and have fixed this issue please enlighten the ignorant...aka me.

Thanks Cheesy

Ask Yourself

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: