VectorLinux
October 25, 2014, 05:30:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Qiuck Time  (Read 2537 times)
TC

« on: December 26, 2007, 01:52:40 pm »

Is it possible to run Quick Time in VL 5.8 under Wine.  If so, how is this done?   TC
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 05:46:01 pm »

It is possible.  I just don't remember how.  I haven't used Wine in a long time.  Quicktime was a requirement with one of my son's kiddie games, and the quicktime movies that popped up during gameplay worked well.  Doesn't seem like I had to do anything special other then install.
TC

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 06:59:14 pm »

So far I have downloaded QuickTime and installed which took an extremely long time but still it did install onto my computer.  I have tried several different combinations in my terminal box which so far have not produced a working program.  If anyone has a working copy and could let me know what worked for them I would appreciate the help.  My daughter received an IPOD and needs this program to link with the internet and charge her IPOD, thank you.  TC.
bigpaws
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2007, 07:55:45 pm »

Maybe you should take a look at gtkpod,
my friend uses it with great results.

http://www.gtkpod.org/about.html

It is usually better to look for native apps vs
trying to use Windows apps of course if one
exists.

Bigpaws
TC

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2007, 03:08:05 am »

I went to Gsplat and loaded the gtkpod onto my VL 5.8 system and placed the gtkpod icon onto my desktop.  Unfortunately when I click onto gtkpod the little hourglass spins at the bottom of my page in my applet panel then quits.  That is all that happens gtkpod does not open and I still have now access for an IPod does anyone have any suggestions?  Thank you, TC.
bigpaws
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2007, 04:39:47 am »

Sounds like something missing.

Open a terminal a type gtkpod, that
should start the application. Look at the
output from the console for errors.

Bigpaws
TC

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2007, 05:13:11 am »

I received the following Error when I typed in gtkpod: error while loading shared libraries: libgpod.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.  I downloaded libgpod-0.6.0 and ran configure, make, and make install and I still get nothing.  Did I overlook or miss something, TC.
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2007, 05:34:47 am »

Try running ldconfig as root and then gtkpod again.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
TC

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2007, 03:56:07 pm »

Still getting the same Error message for gtkpod and gtkpod will not work on my system.  The strange thing is that gtkpod came packaged with VL 5.8 but will not work, TC.   Huh
TC

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2007, 04:27:43 pm »

Grin  Thank you everyone for your help and input I finally got gtkpod up and running.  I had to remove an older version of the program so I could install all of the newer programs that run with the updated version of gtkpod.  Once that was accomplished everything loaded great and the program seems to be working as advertised.  Now all I have to do is figure out how the program works with my daughter's IPod and how to download stuff off the ITunes web site, thank again for your help, TC. 

P.S. This stuff is getting a little easier to work with and manipulate although I am not boasting because I know I have a long way to go before I am comfortable with Linux.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: