VectorLinux
October 20, 2014, 12:51:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Compiz on VL 5.9 Gold  (Read 13780 times)
DarylO

« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2008, 06:20:15 pm »

No pygtk shows up on my GSlapt for downloading, and I have all of the Vector Linux repositories selected as sources.  Where can I get it?

Daryl
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2008, 07:22:43 pm »

Your right. It's not there.  That's a head scratcher!  I do have a original copy of the package on one of these partitions.  I'll find and put it in the repo Monday morning.
uelsk8s
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2008, 08:05:18 pm »

its right here: http://vectorlinux.osuosl.org/veclinux-5.9/packages/libs/pygtk-2.10.6-i586-1vl59.tlz
DarylO

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2008, 08:51:04 am »

Thanks for the help.  I added another VectorLinux repository and was then able to download the pygtk package.  It didn't resolve all of my problems with Compiz-Fusion, however, so I ultimately decided to just re-install VectorLinux (I guess Linux hasn't progressed all that much, eh?)  It's a shame there is no way of finding out what versions Compiz-Fusion was looking for.  Anyway, I finally got it running, and all is well, EXCEPT I can't manage to get Compiz-Fusion to autostart with window decorations.  I've tried putting Fusion Icon in XFCE's autostart, as well as a script launching it, but I never can get it to autostart with window decorations.  It's really frustrating.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  By the way, could someone make a package for the XFCE panel applet that allows one to use GNOME panel applets?  This would be a cool thing to have in our repositories.

Daryl
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2008, 10:27:45 am »

DarylO,

What video card are you using?  Window decorations were not showing up for Nvidia cards, but a fix was included in the package.  Glad you got Compiz-fusion working, you're on the right track now.
DarylO

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2008, 10:45:49 am »

I'm using an NVidia GeForce 6200 AGP card with 256 MB of RAM.  I have window decorations now, but I don't if I put fusion-icon in my XFCE autostart.  I guess I should put some sort of delay in the autostart?  Does anyone have any ideas?  I did a search for Compiz-Fusion and 'autostart' in these forums, but I couldn't find anything.  So, I suppose no one on this forum cared to have it autostart?  That's really weird.  Mandriva 2008, by the way, does not use the fusion icon, and they have Compiz Fusion autostart, and it works flawlessly.  I never had any problem with window decorations in Mandriva.  What is it that Mandriva does, and could VectorLinux copy that technique?

Daryl
uelsk8s
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2008, 03:07:27 pm »

add /usr/bin/compiz-fusion.sh
as the autostart command and that should fix it for you.
DarylO

« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2008, 09:44:27 pm »

Thank you very much!  That did the trick!   Cheesy  Now, I just need to fix my You Tube stuttering problem!

Daryl
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: