VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: [solved] No real-time power management ?  (Read 2762 times)

florut

• Personal Website
[solved] No real-time power management ?
« on: December 30, 2007, 08:54:03 am »

Hello,

I just got VL DELUXE (but I had same problem on 5.9 RC2-3) : When switching to battery mode, brightness is getting darker but my CPU frequency do not change. I set-up to load acpi on startup in VL hardware config.

I tried in Klaptop config to "setup helper configuration" and I get a prompt saying :
Klaptot Daemon : The usr/bin/klaptop_acpi_helper application does not seem to have the same size or checksum as when it was compiled we DO NOT recommand you proceed with making it setuid-root without further investigation.
I choose : Run nevertheless and everthing seems fine except that my CPU frequency is not managed.
Note that if i start my computer unplugged, the CPU frequency is set to 50%.

I tried to install kpowersave and everything works fine except CPU frequency mangement ("no cpu frequency management possible")

Note also that at Vector Linux start i got this prompt :
loading APM : failed

Any help will be much appreciated !
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 03:23:43 am by florut »
Proudly running VL 5.9 DLX GOLD 2.6.22.14 + KDE 3.8
...on my ASUS laptop with Pentium-M @1.8Ghz + ATI Mobility X700 + Intel Wireless 2200BG

florut

• Personal Website
[solved] No real-time power management ?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2008, 03:23:01 am »

Sorry for stupid newbie question : no need of kde power management tools, vcpufreq does everyting just fine !!
Proudly running VL 5.9 DLX GOLD 2.6.22.14 + KDE 3.8
...on my ASUS laptop with Pentium-M @1.8Ghz + ATI Mobility X700 + Intel Wireless 2200BG