VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Dual-booting with 2 dedicated HD's in VL  (Read 1795 times)

youngtomedison

Dual-booting with 2 dedicated HD's in VL
« on: December 30, 2007, 07:01:41 pm »

My machine is a Dell Optiplex GX-260 with 1 GB of RAM and currently, on Seagate 80 GB hard drive. I'm running Vector Linux 5.8 SOHO Final   May-15-2007.

I would like to set up a dual-boot machine, VL and Windows 2000 (well, actually I wouldn't like to do it, but certain issues leave me with no other options).

I plan to give Windows its own hard drive. I know to disconnect the drive containing VL when I do this, as the Windows installation CD will nuke any non-Windows HD it finds.

How would I set up dual-booting using LILO, the default loader in my version of VL?

rbistolfi

• Packager
  • Vectorian
Re: Dual-booting with 2 dedicated HD's in VL
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2007, 08:09:54 pm »

This is pretty easy, just boot on vl, then go to VASM > SUPER > FILE SYSTEM > LILO > INSTALL LILO. The script will find your 2k install and will add an entry to lilo.conf for it.
"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!