VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Internet, chat rooms and IM  (Read 1769 times)

TC

Internet, chat rooms and IM
« on: December 31, 2007, 12:32:18 am »

Is there any kind of reliable Linux software for monitoring your child's internet, chat room and IM use.  With todays society becoming more perverse and immoral I would like to be able to monitor my child's computer use without standing and looking over their shoulders 24/7.  Is there any programs like that for Linux?  Thank you, TC.

bigpaws

• Vectorian
Re: Internet, chat rooms and IM
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 02:49:48 am »

Too broad of a question.

The answer is yes to all of them.

Google

Dansguardian
Pidgin

Bigpaws

Triarius Fidelis

• Vecteloper
  • Vectorian
  • Domine, exaudi vocem meam
    • my website
Re: Internet, chat rooms and IM
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 03:42:25 am »

Is there any kind of reliable Linux software for monitoring your child's internet, chat room and IM use.  With todays society becoming more perverse and immoral I would like to be able to monitor my child's computer use without standing and looking over their shoulders 24/7.  Is there any programs like that for Linux?  Thank you, TC.

Hm, if you think today's society is twisted, try reading some of our classic literature ... including the liturgical texts.

Anyway, you may be interested in the Firefox extension Distrust. Pidgin can use logging, of course (not by default), just make sure your kid doesn't disable it. :)
"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months