VectorLinux
April 18, 2014, 09:03:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 1324 times)
scojo

« on: December 31, 2007, 09:46:18 pm »

Hey all,

My name is Scot and I just started running VL 5.9 Gold on my Gateway 4530GZ laptop (1.6 Mhz Pentium M725, 512 MB RAM, 60 gig hard drive). 

What a really nice distro VL is!  I'd been running Ubuntu 6.10-7.10 and decided I wanted to try something different.  Man, VL really screams.  It just seems much snappier than Ubuntu was w/ Gnome.  Don't get me wrong, Ubuntu was a fine distro, however, VL just seems really elegant to me w/ the lightweight window manager, graphics, and choice of default apps.  Also, set-up was relatively painless, other than fiddling w/ alsamixer.

So, thanks to all the developers.  Job well done!

PS - from reading through the forums the community seems really nice too... Smiley
Freston
Vectorite

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 10:08:22 am »

Welcome!

Those seem very good specs for running VL. I think I can hear your machine scream from here Wink

scojo

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 06:44:26 pm »

Hey, thanks, Freston!

I'm starting to read up on VL docs, howtos, etc., to learn a little more about VL.   So far, everything is working really well for me.

Thanks again for the welcome.   
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: