VectorLinux
October 22, 2014, 02:12:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Compaq Presario V5000 Wireless  (Read 1372 times)
linuxgeek60

« on: December 31, 2007, 10:31:53 am »

Hello Guys!
I purchased the latest version of Vectorlinux 5.9 Deluxe and have a couple of questions. I wonder if someone can assist me please:
Vectorlinux installs successfully in my laptop (Compaq Presario V5000), but I'm having issues with configuring the wireless connection. Can some direct me to a step-to-step isntruction how to configure a wireless connection for these laptops? Also, after configuring, how do I have the connection starts automatically evertytime I boot up my laptop?
Thanks so much!
 Smiley
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 10:49:20 am »

Hi there!

Did you try VLWifi? Please take a look here and see if it can help: http://www.vectorlinux.com/forum2/index.php?topic=1282.msg7696#msg7696

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
LeeDB

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 02:29:16 pm »

Hi linuxgeek60,

I have recently set up wireless in VL 5.9.  It's very possible that your wireless hardware is already supported but just needs a jump start.  What worked for me was to go into Wifi-Radar, select Preferences, and check the box that says "Ifup Required".  Also check "auto-detect wireless device" if it is not already checked.  Once I did that, I could see my wireless network as well as others nearby while still in Wifi-Radar.  Then I set up encryption, etc. in Wifi-Radar and clicked connect to make a connection.

If you look at my reply to the HowTo at the link that rbistolfi sent you, which as of now is the very last one on the 2nd page, there is info there on how to have the connection start automatically after booting.  My version only covers WEP encryption, however.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: