Ok, I couldn't wait
It installed without problems, including the nvidia drivers (100.x.x).
1. A difference to the 32-bit version seems to be the program mix, but that might be because I'm using 5.9 Deluxe (the 64-bit lacks amarok, k3b, and transmission). Also, are gslapt and kdelibs supposed to be chosen by the user as additional packages?
2. Same problems launching gnumeric and gslapt as in alpha3: gslapt cannot reach /home/user/ftp/.../packages, gnumeric complains about the lack of libgnomeui. Both refuse to start.
3. Seamonkey is a bit raw, but I suppose those fine-tuning adjustments might be best left for later (the only icons in the xfce menu are "seamonkey" and "seamonkey mail", but the others are missing; when choosing preferred browser in xfce the first time it is launched, seamonkey is not an option in the drop-down menu and the command has to be typed manually; when that is done, it still lacks the icon; that fancy theme in the standard version is not there; the home page is not vectorlinux; and it comes with the default bookmarks).
4. Is there a reason why the browser mplayer plugin is being used by npwrapper? Is it possible to use npwrapper only for flash and have the mplayer plugin in 64-bit?
5. I tried a couple of youtube videos, and it seems that when going fullscreen it opens another tab/window. In the standard version (deluxe), fullscreen flash starts in the same tab and one can press ESC to return to normal mode at the same point in the video.
6. Some programs (e.g., xcalc, gtkfind) show a loading clock in the mouse cursor that does not go away until the program is closed.
7. Tried to configure a printer, but cups could not be started from VASM, even though I selected cups during installation. Tried to load it manually, but could not find the "service" command.
Will keep on testing, although only in a few days.
Thanks a lot for this.