VectorLinux
August 01, 2014, 08:07:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: direct iso on a dos/windows cannot detect VL58.ISO ON C: DRIVE  (Read 1036 times)
dusk123

« on: January 03, 2008, 04:58:34 pm »

I have a c drive on a dos partition. I have VL58.ISO on the c: drive , top level directory. I also have a subdirectory c:\loadlin  with loadlin.exe, initrd.img and sata kernel file. I downloaded the std gold iso from the vector site and I didn't see ide kernel, there were only sata + scsi kernel files in the iso.

I did loadlin sata root=/dev/ram rw initrd=initrd.img.

when I select the start installation on the popup menu on the screen, it cannot see the VL58.ISO on the c: drive. it gives the foll message:-

ERROR, ERRORL .  I could not find the install media in the hardisk or the cdrom as well. please check that you have
-vector linux cd rom in a cd drive
-a hard disk partition with vector linux iso file
- a hard disk partition with /vector/linux directory

can someone let me know why vector cannot find the iso although it is on the c: drive.

I am using an amd k2-500 with 6 Gigs hard disk and 388mb ram. I have an IDE drive.

Please advise what was wrong ? I have followed the instructions as per vector linux 5.8 documentation downloaded from the web site.

I would also like to point out, that by curiosity , I did download, DSL and Puppy and they installed fine. I also installed zenwalk, and it installed fine. but I didn't like zenwalk, there are not enough tools.
I don't know linux that much being more experienced with windows.

thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: