VectorLinux
October 25, 2014, 08:33:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: At long last a facelift!  (Read 52027 times)
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2008, 04:50:50 pm »

What do you think about this one?

hmm, I think I have to change the colors too...  Roll Eyes

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
newt
Vectorian

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2008, 04:55:43 pm »

I dig it!!  Great work!

Next you should make a stylistically-matching button for the 'purchase deluxe version' and vec will have to think about putting them up in place of the current ones Wink
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2008, 05:02:53 pm »

Thanks Newtor, I thought about the same button but somehow glassy or golden for Deluxe. I will give it a try tomorrow.
Thanks for the input.

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."

--
Jumalauta!!
GrannyGeek
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2008, 08:51:50 pm »

Well, I was just trying to be helpful.  Roll Eyes

Sorry I came across as ungrateful. It's better to jump in with something that may be obvious (but unknown to some) than to say nothing, assuming they already know it.
--GrannyGeek

Registered Linux User #397786

Happily running VL 7 Gold on  a Sempron LE-1300 desktop (2.3 GHz), 4 G RAM,  GeForce 6150 SE onboard graphics and on an HP Pavilion dv7 i7, 6 gigs, Intel 2nd Generation Integrated Graphics Controller
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2008, 09:38:12 pm »

What do you think about this one?

hmm, I think I have to change the colors too...  Roll Eyes
Interesting take. I like the arrow and the text, but the CD doesn't blend with it very well, maybe the color or sharpness of it, or something, I can't quite put my finger on why it doesn't seem to blend  Undecided
I was thinking while looking at it, and wonder what it would be looking like, if the text were on the arrow, and maybe the CD in the background of it.. just an idea in which I hope helps get your artistic flow -- flowing  Smiley

Sorry I came across as ungrateful. It's better to jump in with something that may be obvious (but unknown to some) than to say nothing, assuming they already know it.
--GrannyGeek
No big deal, it's almost impossible to write something and know how someone else will read into it and take to it, as compared to how it was actually meant  Wink . I tried to think of that when I was typing it, so it didn't seem as if I was talking "down" to anyone (which I wouldn't normally do unless it was some jerk that really had it coming   Cheesy ) and with that said, I apologize if it appeared in such way.
 It's all good  Smiley
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 09:51:21 pm by Masta » Logged
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2008, 03:51:47 am »

I agree Masta, I think is the cd perspective, ty. I was just looking to the Tango icon set and I see one much better. I will give it a try.

--
Jumalauta!!
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2008, 04:27:38 am »

Here is another, I think we are getting into something decent Grin

--
Jumalauta!!
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2008, 05:28:37 am »

And now the deluxe version:

I owe the stars to Blurymind  Tongue

--
Jumalauta!!
Joe1962
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2008, 07:25:10 am »

I owe the stars to Blurymind  Tongue
Be careful, you might get sued by Mandriva... Wink

O'Neill (RE the Asgard): "Usually they ask nicely before they ignore us and do what they damn well please."
http://joe1962.bigbox.info
Running: VL 7 Std 64 + self-cooked XFCE-4.10
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2008, 09:48:07 am »

LOL I knew I've seen that in some place! I guess we could argue "nobody owns the sky". Oh, at least God has IP on it  Tongue

--
Jumalauta!!
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2008, 10:06:32 am »

I made some additions:

I asked to Vanesa, "on which one would you click?" And she pointed "Free Download" with no doubt. I should add she doesn't speak English at all and "Free" or "Purchase" means nothing to her Sad

--
Jumalauta!!
Masta
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2008, 08:30:27 am »

That certainly looks nice comparing to the first idea(s), but I think the stars should go and maybe replaced with something else. The other thing is the red ribbon.. I look at red as sort of a warning light --red stop light, red stop sign, code red Smiley , Maybe a blue or green one might seem more fitting?

Keep it flowing though, much improvement since the start  Cool
kc1di
Packager
Vectorian

Morse Code Early digital mode. John 3:16

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2008, 02:11:00 am »

That certainly looks nice comparing to the first idea(s), but I think the stars should go and maybe replaced with something else. The other thing is the red ribbon.. I look at red as sort of a warning light --red stop light, red stop sign, code red Smiley , Maybe a blue or green one might seem more fitting?

Keep it flowing though, much improvement since the start  Cool

I believe it's better to stay away from reds and green as much as possible because there are those who are red/green color blind.  not many but some.
just a thought.

Dave
( Living Somewhere in Maine USA)
Registered Linux User #462608
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2008, 06:35:21 am »

edit:oh select few... never mind... you guys have fun

« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 09:25:34 am by overthere » Logged

Everything Is Relative
Joe1962
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2008, 06:44:31 am »

I believe it's better to stay away from reds and green as much as possible because there are those who are red/green color blind.  not many but some.
just a thought.
Actually, complete colour blindness and blue-yellow colour vision deficiency are indeed rare (1 in 30000 and 1 in 10000 respectively), but red-green colour vision deficiency is much more common, as in 7 to 10% of males, though much lower in females.

O'Neill (RE the Asgard): "Usually they ask nicely before they ignore us and do what they damn well please."
http://joe1962.bigbox.info
Running: VL 7 Std 64 + self-cooked XFCE-4.10
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: