VectorLinux
April 24, 2014, 02:40:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HAL  (Read 967 times)
otto

HAL
« on: January 04, 2008, 08:57:41 am »

I installed VL 5.9 Gold. After the instalation VL configured itself and asked me if i would like to use VL-HOT or HAL.
I chose HAL. When i start Gslapt there is a HAL package for VL 5.9. Should i install this package or isn't it nessecary for HAL to function properly?

Thanks in advance

Otto
newt
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 10:06:11 am »

If you chose hal then it should have been installed and set to start at boot.  You can confirm this by looking at the processes running on your system (ps -ax); you should see a 'hald' process running?

My guess is that HAL package you see in gslapt is either an upgrade or downgrade package.  If you find that your cd/dvdrom is working fine along with all other hot-pluggable devices that I would recommend you stick with what you have.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: