Please support VectorLinux!

Author Topic: YASD = Yet Another Slackware Derivative  (Read 8532 times)

Joe1962

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
    • Joe1962's Website
Re: YASD = Yet Another Slackware Derivative
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2008, 10:38:01 am »
... Force-user would win, especially Dark Side user - they can absorb energy and redirect it.

Whoever tries to absorb the energy of a BFG9000 blast would probably go supernova right about then... ;D

Anyway, I'd trade my BFG9000 for a Tardis and go pursue some more peaceful endeavors if the lightsaber wielder would switch to the light side of the force... ;)

EDIT: but just in case they really push me, I always carry my experimental "planet buster" BFG10K in the backpack... :o
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 10:40:43 am by Joe1962 »
O'Neill (RE the Asgard): "Usually they ask nicely before they ignore us and do what they damn well please."
http://joe1962.bigbox.info
Running: VL 7 Std 64 + self-cooked XFCE-4.10

Lyn

• Vectorian

tomh38

• Vectorian
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2008, 02:45:00 pm »

My God ... it's full of nerds.
"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991

Joe1962

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
    • Joe1962's Website
O'Neill (RE the Asgard): "Usually they ask nicely before they ignore us and do what they damn well please."
http://joe1962.bigbox.info
Running: VL 7 Std 64 + self-cooked XFCE-4.10

Freston

• Vectorite
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2008, 04:38:48 pm »
# Warning: Just came back from die Kneipe ;-)

Sonic screwdriver. The real beauty is the perception of the sonic device. It's as big as a pen. It makes a sound, and although the full set of features is never listed, it opens or closes all locks: mechanic or electronic. Only not deadbolt locks. But it does seem to be able to fix, mend or sabotage a fair selection of different appliances; both of what we have today and in the future. And to top all that, it can also serve as a weapon.

The Doctor usually is accompanied by a contemporary human. Who is of course as impressed with the device as the viewers at home are. This device is impressive bordering the absurd. "What _can't_ it do??" we wonder.

And then, just as you've settled for the concept of a device sooooo darn powerful, an alien brings you back to reality when they say with utter disdain: "It's _just_ a screwdriver"

Ah, I may be a bit of a sucker, but I love the contrast therein.

Still, between a lightsaber and a sonic screwdriver, I'd choose the screwdriver and good running shoes any day of the week.

EDIT: [GOD_MODE]Any and all doom weapons with maximum ammo and perfect health, I still take the shotgun.[/GOD_MODE]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 04:42:02 pm by Freston »

Lyn

• Vectorian
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2008, 02:58:08 am »

My God ... it's full of nerds.

LOL!  Excellent - and quite right too

BlueMage

• Vectorite
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2008, 11:18:30 pm »
... Force-user would win, especially Dark Side user - they can absorb energy and redirect it.

Whoever tries to absorb the energy of a BFG9000 blast would probably go supernova right about then... ;D

Anyway, I'd trade my BFG9000 for a Tardis and go pursue some more peaceful endeavors if the lightsaber wielder would switch to the light side of the force... ;)

EDIT: but just in case they really push me, I always carry my experimental "planet buster" BFG10K in the backpack... :o

Maybe a collection of Force-users, set up around a Massassai temple to focus the energy centrally ... yeah, that might work.

Also, BFG10K is a rapid-fire, localised plasma-stream - an overpowered plasma rifle basically.
Acer Laptop:  Vector 5.8 SOHO Final & Windows XP Professional & USB (still alive!)
Compaq POS (almost dead): Vector 5.9 Light Beta 5
Quad-core BEAST: Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit & Vector 5.9 64-bit beta-2
Old 500MHz media box:  Vector 5.8 SOHO Final (dead)
701 EeePC:  Puppeee (based on Puppy 4.01)