VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: YASD = Yet Another Slackware Derivative  (Read 8737 times)

Joe1962

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
    • Joe1962's Website
Re: YASD = Yet Another Slackware Derivative
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2008, 10:38:01 am »

... Force-user would win, especially Dark Side user - they can absorb energy and redirect it.

Whoever tries to absorb the energy of a BFG9000 blast would probably go supernova right about then... ;D

Anyway, I'd trade my BFG9000 for a Tardis and go pursue some more peaceful endeavors if the lightsaber wielder would switch to the light side of the force... ;)

EDIT: but just in case they really push me, I always carry my experimental "planet buster" BFG10K in the backpack... :o
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 10:40:43 am by Joe1962 »
O'Neill (RE the Asgard): "Usually they ask nicely before they ignore us and do what they damn well please."
http://joe1962.bigbox.info
Running: VL 7 Std 64 + self-cooked XFCE-4.10

Lyn

• Vectorian

tomh38

• Vectorian
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2008, 02:45:00 pm »

My God ... it's full of nerds.
"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991

Joe1962

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
    • Joe1962's Website
O'Neill (RE the Asgard): "Usually they ask nicely before they ignore us and do what they damn well please."
http://joe1962.bigbox.info
Running: VL 7 Std 64 + self-cooked XFCE-4.10

Freston

• Vectorite
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2008, 04:38:48 pm »

# Warning: Just came back from die Kneipe ;-)

Sonic screwdriver. The real beauty is the perception of the sonic device. It's as big as a pen. It makes a sound, and although the full set of features is never listed, it opens or closes all locks: mechanic or electronic. Only not deadbolt locks. But it does seem to be able to fix, mend or sabotage a fair selection of different appliances; both of what we have today and in the future. And to top all that, it can also serve as a weapon.

The Doctor usually is accompanied by a contemporary human. Who is of course as impressed with the device as the viewers at home are. This device is impressive bordering the absurd. "What _can't_ it do??" we wonder.

And then, just as you've settled for the concept of a device sooooo darn powerful, an alien brings you back to reality when they say with utter disdain: "It's _just_ a screwdriver"

Ah, I may be a bit of a sucker, but I love the contrast therein.

Still, between a lightsaber and a sonic screwdriver, I'd choose the screwdriver and good running shoes any day of the week.

EDIT: [GOD_MODE]Any and all doom weapons with maximum ammo and perfect health, I still take the shotgun.[/GOD_MODE]
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 04:42:02 pm by Freston »

Lyn

• Vectorian
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2008, 02:58:08 am »

My God ... it's full of nerds.

LOL!  Excellent - and quite right too

BlueMage

• Vectorite
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2008, 11:18:30 pm »

... Force-user would win, especially Dark Side user - they can absorb energy and redirect it.

Whoever tries to absorb the energy of a BFG9000 blast would probably go supernova right about then... ;D

Anyway, I'd trade my BFG9000 for a Tardis and go pursue some more peaceful endeavors if the lightsaber wielder would switch to the light side of the force... ;)

EDIT: but just in case they really push me, I always carry my experimental "planet buster" BFG10K in the backpack... :o

Maybe a collection of Force-users, set up around a Massassai temple to focus the energy centrally ... yeah, that might work.

Also, BFG10K is a rapid-fire, localised plasma-stream - an overpowered plasma rifle basically.
Acer Laptop:  Vector 5.8 SOHO Final & Windows XP Professional & USB (still alive!)
Compaq POS (almost dead): Vector 5.9 Light Beta 5
Quad-core BEAST: Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit & Vector 5.9 64-bit beta-2
Old 500MHz media box:  Vector 5.8 SOHO Final (dead)
701 EeePC:  Puppeee (based on Puppy 4.01)
Pages: 1 2 [3]