VectorLinux
July 31, 2014, 05:25:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: A brightly wrapped box of broken toys  (Read 5615 times)
wcs
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2008, 12:11:37 pm »

The obit2 problem was My fault. When I created the package I left out the architecture info it is named orbit2-2.14.8-1vl59 and should be orbit2-2.14.8-i586-1vl59 the package manager cannot find it because of that.

Ah, so that's it. I thought it the problem was in the Thunderbird package dependencies...
uelsk8s
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2008, 12:39:14 pm »

The obit2 problem was My fault. When I created the package I left out the architecture info it is named orbit2-2.14.8-1vl59 and should be orbit2-2.14.8-i586-1vl59 the package manager cannot find it because of that.

Ah, so that's it. I thought it the problem was in the Thunderbird package dependencies...
It is.
if you look at the slack-required for thunderbird it requires
orbit2-2.14.8-1vl59 >=
while it should require
Code:
orbit2 >= 2.14.8

The Bad orbit2 package name causes it to look for something that it will never find.
wcs
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2008, 01:04:00 pm »

So besides the new Orbit2 package, will Thunderbird (and whatever packages depend on orbit) need to be repackaged as well?
uelsk8s
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2008, 01:07:57 pm »

So besides the new Orbit2 package, will Thunderbird (and whatever packages depend on orbit) need to be repackaged as well?
Yes precisely  Sad
kortsen

A true geek dual-boots 2 Linux distros

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2008, 10:38:42 am »

I would like to formally retract my comment about Gslapt.  It just did exactly what I expected it to do.  I'm not thrilled with Thunar so I posted a Vectorbie question recommending a dual-pane file browser at http://www.vectorlinux.com/forum2/index.php?topic=5296.0

One of the suggestions was xfe, which is in the repos. Glsapt just installed it, and included FOX to satisfy dependencies.

Dual booting Kubuntu Gutsy Gibbon and VecorLinux on a Toshiba Satellite.
http://www.toshiba.ca/web/product.grp?section=1&group=223&product=7
Previous OSs on this machine: WinMe, 98SE, 2K Pro, XP Pro, Mandrake, SuSE, Knoppix
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2008, 06:48:37 pm »

You can safely install Thunderbird without the Orbit dep.  Thunderbird is merely the precompiled package from Mozilla, packaged for easy removal.  If we built it ourselves, we couldn't call it Thunderbird and use the official images.  Orbit would be listed as a dep for Firefox as well, but my package script removes the dep from the slack-required.  I didn't notice that it showed up in Thunderbird as well, so I didn't script for it.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: