VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Can't burn CDs with Xfburn  (Read 8327 times)

nightflier

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Can't burn CDs with Xfburn
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2008, 07:10:14 pm »

I have been struggling with this very issue for VL-Light. All the lightweight cd-burning apps I have tried have been troublesome.
So far, "WishCD" seems to work best: http://www.geocities.com/pa_mcclamrock/

It does fine for me, but I'd appreciate some feedback on how it works for you guys.

caitlyn

• Packager
  • Vectorian
    • The Linux Works
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2008, 05:52:20 pm »

xfburn does work for me for simple data CDs, nothing else.  k3b is by far the best out there.  Xcdroast also works well but has a horrible UI.  Once you get used to it I think it works well.  It isn't lightweight, though.

Graveman was a nightmare in VL 5.8.  It never worked properly for me and is no longer developed.

I haven't tried brasero or wishCD yet.
eMachines EL-1300G desktop, 1.6GHz AMD Athlon 2650e CPU, 4GB RAM, nVidia GeForce 6150 SE video
CentOS 6.5 (will try VL64-7.1 soon)

Toshiba Satellite A135-S4727,  Intel Pentium T2080 / 1.73 GHz, 2GB RAM, Intel GMA 950

HP Mini 110 netbook, 1.6GHz Intel Atom CPU, 2GB RAM, Intel 950 video, VL 7.1

InTheWoods

• Vectorite
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 12:18:36 pm »

xfburn works fine here on 5.9. Toshiba Tecra M2 with one optical drive (of course).

I did have some problems with permisions reverting to root for k3B, like in someone else's post which I cannot locate at the moment.

And I have to say that I actually liked Graveman in 5.8. Though I did have the occasional problem with CD/RW.

I still don't think the perfect burning software has been found for this distro. But i can't complain about any of them either. Except X-CD Roast. I agree. It's a lump of crap!
Pages: 1 [2]