VectorLinux
April 23, 2014, 10:07:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: xgalaga  (Read 7548 times)
tomh38
Vectorian

« on: January 16, 2008, 02:30:54 pm »

Does anybody know where I can find a recent version of xgalaga for Slackware/VL?  There's one for Slack 10.0, which installs and works, but the window is tiny (the Debian version is or can be full screen).  I've tried compiling it but there are errors when using gcc 4.  Also, I want the cheat codes on  Grin and can't figure out how to do that at all.  If anybody knows of a package (Google was no help) I would greatly appreciate it.

I'll put in a package request if nobody knows of one, but I hate to do that over something so trivial.

Tom
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 02:37:39 pm by tomh38 » Logged

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 05:13:26 pm »

I couldn't find a package.  But I did dissect a source rpm with lot's of patches.  It's very do-able I think. Lemme play with it and see what I can do. Smiley

I hastily built it just fine, but I must of done something wrong because it segfaults when running it.
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 05:20:52 pm »

Thanks exeterdad,

Anything you can do would be great.

Tom

"I'm doing a (free) operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional like gnu) for 386(486) AT clones." - Linus Torvalds, April 1991
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 05:30:28 pm »

I should of said I did a Wham-bam patch and build.  It did compile but the patches are Debianized like heck so I need to analyze what the patches are doing.  I'm sure I can get it worked out, but it's family time at the moment Smiley

No problem BTW, you know I love ya.  Not in that uncomfortable way.  Just had to make that clear Cheesy
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 04:31:32 am »

You see, that doesn't make me uncomfortable.  You know why?  Because I want this game, that's why.  At this point nothing would make me uncomfortable.  I would pose for photos wearing that embarrassing Tron suit to get xgalaga.  Not that anybody wants to see that, no they don't.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 04:51:52 am by tomh38 » Logged

exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 07:29:54 am »

I would pose for photos wearing that embarrassing Tron suit
A bit too much information my friend.

What happens at home, stays at home Okay?

Cheesy
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 07:48:15 am »

Whoa ... did I really write that!?!  Whoops.  Grin

Triarius Fidelis
Vecteloper
Vectorian

Domine, exaudi vocem meam

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 09:28:41 am »

I used to play xgalaga back when I played games and such. I'm going to look into this matter when I hook up my computer (recently moved back into dormitory).

"Leatherface, you BITCH! Ho Chi Minh, hah hah hah!"

Formerly known as "Epic Fail Guy" and "Döden" in recent months
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 09:41:54 am »

I normally don't play computer games (except for chess) but I was 14 in 1981 when the original Galaga came out, which is right in the zone for a guy to become completely hooked on a video game (ages 6-45) so for that reason I'm still completely hooked on this thing.  Thanks for the help, exeterdad and Hanu/Epic.

Tom

exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 09:55:52 am »

Getting closer.  It's calling for a font we don't have.  Looking.....
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2008, 09:58:23 am »

I have a interest in this game also.  I have this handheld-joystick-arcade-looking thingie that hooks to my TV with Galaga, Ms Packman, Pole position and 2 others I can't remember the name for.  But it really is true to the original games.  We play it often.
exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2008, 12:38:17 pm »

I GOT IT!!!!  My eyes and brain hurt now.  But I got it!
I built it on a dirty machine, so I'm not giving it to you yet.  I'll set up a chroot and package it properly. Hopefully tomorrow.  I'm out of "Geek Time" for now.

BTW Fullscreen and joystick support Smiley
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2008, 12:54:17 pm »

Hey there ... exeterdad ... easy now, didn't want you to hurt your brain.  Do you need an MRI for that?  Or maybe some ibuprofen?

Seriously though, thanks for doing all the work on this.  I'm in your debt.

Tom

exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2008, 01:16:06 pm »

I'm in your debt.

Oh really??  Grin

Now you in your Tron costume won't do a dang thing for me, but you in your "Wonder woman"  costume on the VL front page might do wonders for our traffic!!

Heh, heh...  *evil grin*
tomh38
Vectorian

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2008, 01:55:22 pm »

Or ...

I could set up a web cam of my next door neighbor (young professional woman) who walks around her apartment - with the blinds drawn - in her birthday suit and you could put that on the main VL page.  That would do more for web traffic than me in any kind of outfit.

I just realized that if GrannyGeek or one of the other women sees this post, they'll kill me - but, hey, I've had a good run.

Tom

P.S.  Did I really write "birthday suit?"  What I meant was naked.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: