I tried printing a test page using the "localhost" method described here
. When I did, I got the following error screen, even though there were no jobs in the queue:
When I tried performing a task which required a login, when I used the very same username and password which I use to log into my system every day, I got an authentication failure. (Logging in as root worked just fine, though I still couldn't fix things).
On other occasions, I got a "permission denied" screen. There's obviously something funny going on here with permissions or software or both.
don't want to have to burn off all my data onto DVD's, wipe my hard drive clean and re-install VL from scratch. But it seems to me like something, SOMEWHERE
, I know not what or where has become corrupt, which I'll NEVER be able to pin down otherwise.