VectorLinux
November 27, 2014, 10:43:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Toshiba laptop wish list; hibernate, lid switch, CPU frequency.  (Read 5173 times)
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2008, 05:41:31 am »

I tried 'hibernate' again and got the error about nvidia not unloading.  So I tried 'hibernate --force' again, and got exactly the same result as I do in Kubuntu.  Everything rolling along to the point I see something about Atomic Copy on the screen, then the LCD goes "no signal" and the system freezes.  A hard reset with the power button brings up a fresh boot; not a restore from hibernate.

Try specifiing the module name to be unloaded. You do this in /etc/hibernate/hibernate.conf
see man hibernate.conf and find this section
UnloadModules <module name> [...] Names of modules to unload prior to suspending.
LoadModules auto|<module name> [...] Names of modules to load after resumimg. If auto is specified, the modules that were unloaded previously are loaded.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: