VectorLinux
November 26, 2014, 01:48:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: libdevil  (Read 1314 times)
peispud

« on: January 19, 2008, 10:57:23 pm »

I just downloaded DarkMod for Doom3 using VL64 and need libdevil to make it run . Again , I can only find an rpm or deb , with the deb being the easiest to install by far using gdebi in LinuxMint . I enjoy using almost all aspects of Vector , but really really hate having to use Gslapt - I almost never find what I'm looking for . I'm not saying to fill the distro with bloat , but you can be sure that everyone will be looking for something different - the package base is way too small . 
The Headacher
Louder than you
Global Moderator
Vectorian

I like the bass to go BOOM!

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 01:22:57 am »

I just downloaded DarkMod for Doom3 using VL64 and need libdevil to make it run . Again , I can only find an rpm or deb , with the deb being the easiest to install by far using gdebi in LinuxMint .
You can use rpm2tgz to convert a rpm to a Slackware tgz package. However, I am not sure how well this works. I'd probably build from source to be safe. Sources can be found here: http://openil.sourceforge.net/download.php .
I enjoy using almost all aspects of Vector , but really really hate having to use Gslapt - I almost never find what I'm looking for
The 64 bit repo's don't have a lot of packages in them yet. Packagers don't seem too keen on building 64 bit packages. This is probably because very few people currently use it, and not all packagers will have the hardware to build 64 bit packages.

Most music on my soundcloud page was arranged in programs running on VL.
peispud

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 11:04:31 am »

Thanks , I'll try to get my monstrosity of a printer running first . I would like to get the mod up and running in VL64 just to see how high I can crank the settings . Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: