VectorLinux
September 22, 2014, 01:54:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: k3b dvd  (Read 1437 times)
overthere
Vectorian

« on: January 26, 2008, 12:25:23 pm »

Hi..
I attempted to use k3b/ tool/ rip video dvd.
I received a message requireing installation of "transcode"
I gslapt installed transcode from vlrepository
I now have transcode error-invalid argument for progress rate

what is the solution?

when I click continue/start ripping,start- the show debugging output=
System
-----------------------
K3b Version: 1.0.3

KDE Version: 3.5.8
QT Version:  3.3.8
Kernel:      2.6.22.14
Devices
-----------------------
HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55N 1.02 (/dev/hdc, ) [CD-R, CD-RW, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-R DL, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+R DL] [DVD-ROM, DVD-R Sequential, DVD-R Dual Layer Sequential, DVD-R Dual Layer Jump, DVD-RAM, DVD-RW Restricted Overwrite, DVD-RW Sequential, DVD+RW, DVD+R, DVD+R Dual Layer, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW] [SAO, TAO, RAW, SAO/R96P, SAO/R96R, RAW/R16, RAW/R96P, RAW/R96R, Restricted Overwrite, Layer Jump]

Used versions
-----------------------
transcode: 1.1.0-alpha4

transcode
-----------------------
[transcode] critical: Invalid argument for --progress_rate

transcode command:
-----------------------
/usr/X11R6/bin/transcode --nice 19 --progress_meter 2 --progress_rate 0 -i /dev/hdc -x dvd -T 2,-1,1 -a 0 -j 0,0,0,0 -R 1,/mnt/hdb1/k3btemp/k3b_0.log -y ffmpeg,null -o /dev/null -F mpeg4 -w 1800 -Z 624x480

Everything Is Relative
forbajato
Packager

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 01:57:37 am »

Not sure but I can't imagine that having 0 for the value of the option --progress_rate is a good thing! 

According to the transcode wiki --progress_meter and --progress_rate took the place of --print_status and --progress_off, the usual values of print_status ranged from 100 to 500.

Unfortunately I can't find any online documentation that documents these newer features.  The aforementioned transcode wiki is http://inferno.slug.org/cgi-bin/transcode?Transcode_Wiki.  Hope this helps!

forbajato
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 10:58:13 am »

Thanks...It's a start..I'm not have good luck with rippers..will read

Everything Is Relative
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 01:50:23 pm »

well..all I could gather is that transcode should be 0.6.0pre5 plus dependancies(what ever they are) and the repository download was 1.1.0 alpha4..is the repository download for something else?..will search for possible downloads for 0.6.0pre5...

Everything Is Relative
overthere
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 02:23:18 pm »

I like k3b and the burner seems to be working but I think now that it is not the way to go for ripping..will go back to acidrip and see if I can get it working

Everything Is Relative
forbajato
Packager

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 03:41:47 pm »

I think you are on the right track there - k3b is a great burning tool but I have not read alot about it being used as a ripping tool. If AcidRip doesn't work out for you, you may want to take a look at dvd::rip, a perl script with GUI for ripping. http://exit1.org/dvdrip/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: