VectorLinux
September 30, 2014, 09:54:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with "cedega" (solved)  (Read 3484 times)
reb
Vectorite

The BOSS

« on: January 26, 2008, 03:28:51 pm »

After moving up to Vl 5.9, I have not been able to get cedega to install properly, so I can't play games Sad

I downloaded "cedega-small-6.0.2.tgz" to my download dir which is located in "/home/rebel/rdls".  My question is: to where should I move "cedega" in order to run 'tar~.tgz' to install it properly.  I moved it to my "/home/rebel/games"  dir and installed it, when I try to run 'cedega' I get an error mesg saying that cedega is not in my path.   Angry   So what do I do now?

reb
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 12:41:39 pm by reb » Logged

Ye Ole Montana Saddle Tramp
Nothing is right or wrong, good or bad, only thinking makes it so.  Think about it.
Running a Vector Linux VL3300 with 1 SATA 80GB HDD and 1GB DDR 400 ram, DVD+-RW , and VL 5.9 Delux
lagagnon
Global Moderator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 03:53:51 pm »

to where should I move "cedega" in order to run 'tar~.tgz' to install it properly. 

Is that a Slackware package? It should be with a suffix like .tgz. If so, then its easy. Just navigate to the directory where that file is located, login as root (su) and then type:"installpkg fullnameofpackage"

"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll
reb
Vectorite

The BOSS

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 04:16:51 pm »

Well lagagnon, this is what I got:

vector://home/rebel/games
root:# ls
call.of.duty.united.offensive_1.51-english.run  call.of.duty_1.5-english.run  cedega-small-6.0.2.tgz
vector://home/rebel/games
root:# installpkg cedega-small-6.0.2.tgz
WARNING: Non-standard package name

.-----.-----------------------------------------------------------------------.
| 1/1 | Installing cedega-small-6.0.2.tgz                                     |
'-----'-----------------------------------------------------------------------'
WARNING: Package has no description.

When I installed it before I did with "tar xvzf cedega ~ .tgz" and it installed without any errors.  When I tried to run "cedega" I got the error that cedega wan not in the path.  The cedega gui will not come up.  So I'm stuck there.

reb

Nothing is right or wrong, good or bad, only thinking makes it so.  Think about it.
Running a Vector Linux VL3300 with 1 SATA 80GB HDD and 1GB DDR 400 ram, DVD+-RW , and VL 5.9 Delux
reb
Vectorite

The BOSS

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 06:54:03 pm »

OK, I've made some progress up to a point.  At least when I type 'cedega' , the cedega gui appears.  However, only three of the menu tabs are alive: Play, Stop, Install and Properties are greyed out.  Only Moount, Vote and Games DB are lit up.  In addition I get these errors:
rebel:$ ./cedega*
/usr/lib/transgaming_cedega/gddb.py:24: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module gddb_parser: This Python has API version 1013, module gddb_parser has version 1012.
  import gddb_parser
F1 2008-01-26 21:37:21,151 WARNING Optical drive detection: the python dbus bindings are not installed.

I'm over my head now.  All I can do is ask for help.  HELP  Smiley

reb

exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 09:00:50 pm »

Reb,

Not sure about the first part of the error, but the second part is complaining you don't have python dbus bindings installed. So I whipped you up a package to see if that helps.
http://www.vectorlinux.com/forum2/index.php?topic=5416.0

Make sure the testing repo is enabled with gslapt, then hit the update button so it will see my new package, then look for  dbus-python-0.82.4-i586-1vl59.tlz and install to see if it helps.

Good Luck,
Lee
newt
Vectorian

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 09:36:19 am »

Aren't the call_of_duty .run files already native linux installers for the game?  Seems that you should be able to 'chmod a+x' and then execute them './name_of_file'.  Maybe I've overlooked something but it sure seems that way at first glance - no cedega needed.
reb
Vectorite

The BOSS

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 01:49:52 pm »

I had hoped that this entire problem could be resolved a lot less painfully than it is turning out.
To preface all of this, I had Nvidia, cedega and Call of Duty all installed and running when I had Vl 5.8 SOHO installed.  My probelms developed when I installed Vl 5.9

newtor, you are correct.  The "call.of.duty_1.5-english.run" is the game installer.  I used "sh call.of.duty_1.5-english.run" But  when I try to run it, I get this error:
rebel:$ ./codsp
/usr/lib/transgaming_cedega/gddb.py:24: RuntimeWarning: Python C API version mismatch for module gddb_parser: This Python has API version 1013, module gddb_parser has version 1012.
  import gddb_parser
*** glibc detected *** python: malloc(): memory corruption: 0x088411c0 ***

Lee, sorry.  Your intentions were well intended, but my linux ignorance shows.  I don't know what to do with it.

Make sure the testing repo is enabled with gslapt, then hit the update button so it will see my new package, then look for  dbus-python-0.82.4-i586-1vl59.tlz and install to see if it helps.

I've never played with gslapt, so I'm lost here.  Never did find dbus-python ~ .tlz  Embarrassed  I realize, though, I will have to resolve the python problem.

In order to help you out with my problem, maybe this information will help. It is what I believe to be the cedega installer.
:
vector:/~/games/usr/bin
rebel:$ ls
cedega*
rebel:$ cat ~/games/usr/bin/cedega
#!/bin/sh
# Copyright (c) 2003-2006, TransGaming Technologies Inc.
# Startup script for Point2Play (small version).
# Version 1.2 June 8, 2006

export P2PPATH=/usr/lib/transgaming_cedega
export P2PFOLDER=${HOME}/.cedega

if ! ([ -e "$P2PFOLDER" ]); then
        mkdir -p "$P2PFOLDER"
fi

export CEDEGA_RC_PATH=${HOME}/.cedegarc

export WINEXGLOBALPREFIX=${HOME}/.transgaming_global

export USER_DEFINED_PROFILES_PATH=${P2PFOLDER}/configuration_profiles

if ! ([ -e $USER_DEFINED_PROFILES_PATH ]); then
        mkdir $USER_DEFINED_PROFILES_PATH
fi

export DEFAULT_PROFILES_PATH=${P2PFOLDER}/.default_configuration_profiles
export ORIGINAL_DEFAULT_PROFILES_PATH=${P2PPATH}/default_configuration_profiles

if ! ([ -e $DEFAULT_PROFILES_PATH ]); then
    mkdir $DEFAULT_PROFILES_PATH
    if [ -e $ORIGINAL_DEFAULT_PROFILES_PATH ]; then
        cp -f $ORIGINAL_DEFAULT_PROFILES_PATH/* $DEFAULT_PROFILES_PATH 2>/dev/null
    fi
fi

export LANGUAGES_PATH=${P2PFOLDER}/.languages

if ! ([ -e $LANGUAGES_PATH ]); then
        mkdir $LANGUAGES_PATH
fi

export CABEXTRACT_PATH=${P2PPATH}/transgaming_fontinstaller/cabextract
export SYSTEMWIDE_GAMEDIR=/usr/lib/transgaming_games

python ${P2PPATH}/Point2Play_gui.py "$@"

I include all this for one simple reason.  I'm not knowledgeable enough to read the meaning of the script, but in line #5  it reads:

"export P2PPATH=/usr/lib/transgaming_cedega"  that points to "/root/usr/lib", but transgaming_cedega resides in "/home/rebel/games/usr/lib"

So I get the impression that the cedega installer expects to install cedega in a dir off of 'root' and not off of 'home', but that is where the installer put it because I moved the installer from "/home/rebel/rdls" to "/home/rebel/games" and ran it from there.  This could be the reason I get the error "cedega not in you path".

I hope all this helps

reb

exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 02:15:00 pm »

Reb, I made a post earlier to help a person who was having trouble finding the new Sea Monkey package with Gslapt.  It was a pretty lengthy "mini how to"  I think it may be helpful to you to read it.  Just substitute Sea Monkey with dbus-python.  Just cut me a little slack as my writing skills are poor.

http://www.vectorlinux.com/forum2/index.php?topic=5417.msg37081#msg37081

Hope it will be helpful.
reb
Vectorite

The BOSS

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 05:22:20 pm »

I downloaded "dbus-python-0.82.4.tar.gz installed it and got this sub dir:

vector:/~/rdls/dbus-python-0.82.4
AUTHORS      README                config.h.in        depcomp*     missing*
COPYING      TODO                  config.sub*        doc/         py-compile*
ChangeLog    _dbus_bindings/       configure*         examples/    test/
INSTALL      _dbus_glib_bindings/  configure.ac       include/     tools/
Makefile.am  aclocal.m4            dbus/              install-sh*
Makefile.in  compile*              dbus-python.pc.in  ltmain.sh
NEWS         config.guess*         dbus_bindings.py   m4/

I wish I knew more about all this.  But what do I do now? Huh

reb

uelsk8s
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 05:27:54 pm »

you can install the dbus-python package exeterdad built by using gslapt or by opening a terminal as root and typing "slapt-get --update", and when that completes slapt-get --install dbus-python.
Alternatively you can download the same package here: http://vectorlinux.osuosl.org/veclinux-5.9/testing/libs/dbus-python-0.82.4-i586-1vl59.tlz
and install it using "installpkg bus-python-0.82.4-i586-1vl59.tlz" as root in the folder you downloaded the file to.

HTH,
Uelsk8s
newt
Vectorian

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 06:05:07 pm »

Alternatively you can download the same package here:
http://vectorlinux.osuosl.org/veclinux-5.9/testing/libs/dbus-python-0.82.4-i586-1vl59.tlz
and install it using "installpkg bus-python-0.82.4-i586-1vl59.tlz" as root in the folder you downloaded the file to.
I think this is the way you should go reb.  I think it'll be easiest and most rewarding in the short run.
reb
Vectorite

The BOSS

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 06:16:02 pm »

Thanks exterdad and uelsk8s,

I had just finished downloading, and I think, installing the dbus-python pkg after following exterdads instructions and here is the result:

[vector://home/rebel/rdls
root:# installpkg dbus-python-0.82.4-i586-1vl59.tlz

.-----.-----------------------------------------------------------------------.
| 1/1 | Installing dbus-python-0.82.4-i586-1vl59.tlz                          |
'-----'-----------------------------------------------------------------------'

.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| dbus-python (D-Bus Python Bindings)                                         |
|                                                                             |
| A core concept of the D-BUS implementation is that "libdbus" is             |
| intended to be a low-level API, similar to Xlib. Most programmers are       |
| intended to use the bindings to GLib, Qt, Python, Mono, Java, or            |
| whatever. These bindings have varying levels of completeness.               |
|                                                                             |
| License: AFL/GPL                                                            |
| Author:  Many, please see Docs.                                             |
| Website: http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/                          |
'-----------------------------------------------------------------------------'
/quote]

Now I'll go try it.

reb

reb
Vectorite

The BOSS

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 06:20:07 pm »

Thanks to you too newtor,

your mesg was posted just as I was posting my results.  Didn't want you to think I was ignoring you Wink

reb

reb
Vectorite

The BOSS

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2008, 06:35:38 pm »

Well after all that, it looks like I still have a  problem with a python mismatch:

CoDMP.exe*  Main/         codmp*            miles/     uninstall*
CoDSP.exe   README        codsp*            mss32.dll  validatekey.dll
Docs/       cgamex86.dll  gamex86.dll       pb/        version.inf
EaxMan.dll  cod.xpm       localization.txt  uix86.dll
vector:/~/cod
rebel:$ ./codsp
  import gddb_parser
*** glibc detected *** python: malloc(): memory corruption: 0x08600898 ***

This is what I got when I called:  "codsp"   Sad  Would this be a cedega problem?   Huh

exeterdad
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2008, 07:48:29 pm »

The mismatch error is all over Google.  But it doesn't seem like it's anything other then a warning.  The pages that had the mismatch error always showed much bigger problems further down.  Like your memory corruption error.  I'm not wanting to believe what my take on that last line means.

Ya know.  You paid good money for cedega.  And so did everyone else on Google.  I'm not impressed.  Wanna hear something that'll get your goat?  Apparently COD will run very well on Wine.  That free app in our repo.  I've no clue about the setup or install.  But there are screenshots of COD on Wine at winehq.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: