VectorLinux
April 17, 2014, 04:25:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: vasmCC-1.0.12 Released!  (Read 12681 times)
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 02:20:33 pm »

I suspect these problems are either related to the translation on your WM or either the GTK or QT engine depending on what you are using.

stretchedthin
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2008, 11:51:12 pm »

I just made a new install of VL 5.9 gold on a new partition and did a slapt-get --update followed by a slapt-get --upgrade.  I did this with only "packages", "extra", and "patches" enabled.

After which I could no longer use vasmCC, either through gui or the terminal. (see pictures)

I was able to get things working again, via downgrading back to 1.06. 

This bug may be alarming to some new users who simply want to upgrade there system, from what should be the safe sources.

Otherwise, I agree with bigpaws...
VL 5.9 is
beautiful, stable and fast, congratulations to it.

Vectorlinux screencasts and  tutorials can be found at....
http://www.opensourcebistro.com/blog1
http://www.youtube.com/user/vid4ken?feature=mhee
stretchedthin
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2008, 11:53:11 pm »

Whoops forgot pictures..

Vectorlinux screencasts and  tutorials can be found at....
http://www.opensourcebistro.com/blog1
http://www.youtube.com/user/vid4ken?feature=mhee
toothandnail
Vectorian

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2008, 03:24:20 am »

I just made a new install of VL 5.9 gold on a new partition and did a slapt-get --update followed by a slapt-get --upgrade.  I did this with only "packages", "extra", and "patches" enabled.

After which I could no longer use vasmCC, either through gui or the terminal. (see pictures)

I was able to get things working again, via downgrading back to 1.06. 

This bug may be alarming to some new users who simply want to upgrade there system, from what should be the safe sources.

I've just hit the same thing. Reinstalled 5.9 Standard to fix a few problems with the build environment (I was picking up updates from 6.0). I then did 'salpt-get --update' followed by 'slapt-get -upgrade'. Same repos enabled. I'm now getting exactly the same problem with VasmCC.

paul.
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2008, 04:48:49 am »

Try removing the vasmCC package altogether, then use gslapt to install it again
or you can do a manual install from googlecode

make sure your gambas-runtime package is ok

toothandnail
Vectorian

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2008, 06:21:29 am »

Try removing the vasmCC package altogether, then use gslapt to install it again
or you can do a manual install from googlecode

Thanks. Done, and it works now....

make sure your gambas-runtime package is ok

I checked using Vpackager. Since it worked, I assume that the gambas-runtime must be ok.

I don't understand what in the update borked VasmCC though. Still, works ok now.

paul.
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2008, 06:57:06 am »

I think the vpackager in 5.9 works differently...
I would do the same for vpackager, becuase of the fact that if you just did a re-install of 5.9, you probabbly have an old vpackager too

the only reason it works is because at the time it was being developed, the code for the gambas interpreter was so unstable, the devs included the specific libs that vpackager neds to run, this is no longer necessary, as gambas2 has gone final since then, and we have a solid interpreter for it.

I would upgrade vpackager too using the same method... remove the old one first (because it installs to a different place) and grab the new one

toothandnail
Vectorian

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2008, 07:22:21 am »

I think the vpackager in 5.9 works differently...
I would do the same for vpackager, becuase of the fact that if you just did a re-install of 5.9, you probabbly have an old vpackager too

the only reason it works is because at the time it was being developed, the code for the gambas interpreter was so unstable, the devs included the specific libs that vpackager neds to run, this is no longer necessary, as gambas2 has gone final since then, and we have a solid interpreter for it.

I would upgrade vpackager too using the same method... remove the old one first (because it installs to a different place) and grab the new one

Ok, I'll do so as soon as I finish downloading the 5.9 Standard live iso Smiley

One thing I notice which may have some bearing - I still have entries in /var/log/packages for
gambas-runtime-1.0.19-i586-1vl59 and gambas2-runtime-2.5.0-i586-1vl59. There is no sign that the older runtime was removed before the new one was installed. I may try uninstalling both packages and manually install the later version.

I don't remember the last time I looked at Vpackager - it was just the only thing I could think of that used the gambas-runtime.

paul.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 07:24:58 am by toothandnail » Logged
nightflier
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2008, 07:41:19 am »

One thing I notice which may have some bearing - I still have entries in /var/log/packages for
gambas-runtime-1.0.19-i586-1vl59 and gambas2-runtime-2.5.0-i586-1vl59. There is no sign that the older runtime was removed before the new one was installed.

Both are included because vl-hot-config only works with the 1.x version.
toothandnail
Vectorian

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2008, 07:53:21 am »

gambas-runtime-1.0.19-i586-1vl59 and gambas2-runtime-2.5.0-i586-1vl59. There is no sign that the older runtime was removed before the new one was installed.

Both are included because vl-hot-config only works with the 1.x version.

Thanks. Didn't know that.

paul.
edgeofthewoods

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2008, 02:23:32 pm »

I posted in another thread about issues I have had with vasm and vasmCC. I tried the uninstall and reinstall and got this:

Done
vector://home/chuck1
root:# vasmCC
Mfiles.?.0: Unable to load image
WARNING: circular references detected
FMain (1)
Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
vector://home/chuck1
bad string content
bad string content
bad string content
bad string content
bad string content
bad string content
bad string content
bad string content
bad string content
bad string content

Edited to add:

I removed the package and downloaded  VasmCC from googlecode and a manual install

vector://home/chuck1/Desktop
root:# installpkg vasmCC-1.0.12-i586-3vl59.tlz

Then ran vasmCC and got this. (NOTE vasmCC opened, but when I clicked on Utilities I got this:

bad string content
bad string content
bad string content
bad string content
bad string content
bad string content
bad string content
bad string content
bad string content
bad string content
Mfiles.?.0: Unable to load image
WARNING: circular references detected
FMain (1)
Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
root:#                   

Here is the snapshot of what happended

So any ideas on what to fix?
System Detals:
AMD 5200+
4 gigs ram
Nvidia 5500 series card
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 03:00:44 pm by edgeofthewoods » Logged
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2008, 04:57:56 am »

There must be something wrong with one of the vasmCC entries in your system.
This error is due to a missing image file for one of the entries...
I bet if you click any other section on vasmCC it'll work fine, which means one of the .desktop files in /usr/share/vasmCC/utilities is pointing to a non-existant icon

edgeofthewoods

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2008, 10:09:58 am »

There must be something wrong with one of the vasmCC entries in your system.
This error is due to a missing image file for one of the entries...
I bet if you click any other section on vasmCC it'll work fine, which means one of the .desktop files in /usr/share/vasmCC/utilities is pointing to a non-existant icon

I thought so also, but the bad string errors happen when any icon is clicked.  Also I did download the source from google code, and get the same errors. Also VASM is totaly unuseable, and I tried to re install that one also. Hmm

Chuck
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2008, 10:34:23 am »

The Vasm errors I can't help you with...

The bad string errors are again due to *some* unrecognized text (for some reason) in the .desktop files.
Try looking into /usr/share/vasmCC/
The directories in there represent categories in vasmCC. Each .desktop file in these categories is read at the time you click on the category to render the icons and names. Look into these .desktop files to see if you find anything unusual. Maybe post one on to compare it to the same file on another system.

edgeofthewoods

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2008, 11:50:48 am »

Thanks, I'll do it tonight

Chuck
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: