VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Wine; vpackager problems?  (Read 1829 times)

kukibl

Wine; vpackager problems?
« on: January 31, 2008, 06:54:16 am »

Hello all!

I have VL 5.9 GOLD installed on my Sony Vaio laptop. Currently there are two problems I still need to solve. Everything else works just fine. :)

1. I've installed wine using gslapt from VL repo. After installation there is Wine Configuration menu item, but when I click on it X server restarts. Also, whenever I try to use wine (or any of it's components) same thing happens.

2. I cannot start package creating in vpackager - before and after upgrade (1.0.1 RC2 to 1.0.10). I choose source archive, add slack-desk, but when I click on next I get error that vpackager cannot continue and I should manually compile package. There is just one line I get - it cannot find /tmp/vpackager-builds directory. I've created it manually, also tried with changing temp directory but when I click on next it removes that dir and I get same error report.

Hope there are some ideas... :-\

Thank You!

Alex
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 06:55:47 am by kukibl »

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Wine; vpackager problems?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 07:07:18 am »

I thought that was fixed on vpackager...
By default, vpackager will remove the temp dir. This is because vpackager builds only on that directory... so it must be kept clean from leftovers...

I'll have to take another look at that...

[EDIT]
After looking at the code, it seems I forgot to re-create the temp dir :(
I'll get it fixed... [/EDIT]
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 10:44:22 am by M0E-lnx »

kukibl

Re: Wine; vpackager problems?
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 02:05:38 am »

Thank you M0E-lnx for a quick reply!

Any ideas for wine problem people? ???

Edit:

I figured it out... The problem was the upgrade of xorg-server. I know that system upgrades are discouraged in VL, but I enabled just "packages" repo and did #slapt-get --upgrade. It upgraded xorg-server and some of it's components. After downgrade wine works fine, there are no X server restarts. The question remains - what cause this problem?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 03:12:52 pm by kukibl »