VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Getting used to XFCE  (Read 4027 times)

lagagnon

• Global Moderator
  • Vectorian
Re: Getting used to XFCE
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 01:59:40 pm »

I'm putting them in as directed (usr/share/themes). 

That should be "/usr/share/themes" not "usr/share/themes" otherwise you have probably put them in ~/usr/share/themes (your home directory). Could that be your problem?
"As people become more intelligent they care less for preachers and more for teachers". Robert G. Ingersoll

newt

• Vectorian
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 03:05:07 pm »

I just played with AterGrayAlpha and TechniX.  They are both window decoration themes, not entire XFCE themes.  Therefore, to choose them you need to use the 'Window Manager' option rather than the 'User Interface' option.

Hope this helps.

Masta

• Global Moderator
  • Vectorian
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2008, 04:25:42 pm »

Ah thanks newtor. I didn't use my noggin and think of the window decorations test :). Silly me.

Alf

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2008, 05:59:53 pm »

Sorry, that was my typo.  They are in /usr/share/themes like they should be.  I also tried them in my home directory in .themes and that didn't work.  I looked in Window Manager and didn't see them there either.  I figure I'm missing something simple, but I can't figure out what it is.  Thanks for all the suggestions!
Pages: 1 [2]