VectorLinux
October 23, 2014, 10:44:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our home page for VL info. To search the old message board go to http://vectorlinux.com/forum1. The first VL forum is temporarily offline until we can find a host for it. Thanks for your patience.

Now powered by KnowledgeDex.
   Home   Help Search Login Register  
Please support VectorLinux!
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gslapt  (Read 1149 times)
verden
Tester

« on: February 11, 2008, 01:59:08 pm »

I'm new to Vector Linux and have been a long time debian user. I have opened gslapt and done a update but there don't seem to be any packages to upgrade and i was wondering if this was correct? I used a cd with VL5.9 Gold standard which is about 2 months old.
M0E-lnx
Administrator
Vectorian

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 02:37:50 pm »

The massive upgrade feature in gslapt has been disabled by our devs for security reasons (to keep users from messing up a good install). That is because that feature is known for screwing many systems...

So if you know you'd like to upgrade a particular package, run a search for it and do it... the upgrade all button will not work. it's not intended to work

verden
Tester

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 04:49:23 pm »

ok i'm used to doing an apt-get update and upgrade to upgrade the system  hmmmm,  what about security updates? Is there another way to do a system upgrade if they are available?
BTW i think Vector is great and its probably the fastest distro i have tried.
rbistolfi
Packager
Vectorian

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 05:38:29 pm »

If there is a must security upgrade surely will be announced in the forum. What I do is to run slapt-get --upgrade -s at the console. That will simulate a full upgrade and will give me a list of all the packages with a bigger version number. Then I pick the ones I think I need and I install them manually.

HTH

"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: