VectorLinux

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Visit our home page for VL info. For support and documentation, visit the Vector Linux Knowledge Center or search the Knowledge Center and this Forum using the search box above.

Author Topic: Gslapt  (Read 1339 times)

verden

• Tester
Gslapt
« on: February 11, 2008, 01:59:08 pm »

I'm new to Vector Linux and have been a long time debian user. I have opened gslapt and done a update but there don't seem to be any packages to upgrade and i was wondering if this was correct? I used a cd with VL5.9 Gold standard which is about 2 months old.

M0E-lnx

• Administrator
  • Vectorian
Re: Gslapt
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 02:37:50 pm »

The massive upgrade feature in gslapt has been disabled by our devs for security reasons (to keep users from messing up a good install). That is because that feature is known for screwing many systems...

So if you know you'd like to upgrade a particular package, run a search for it and do it... the upgrade all button will not work. it's not intended to work

verden

• Tester
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 04:49:23 pm »

ok i'm used to doing an apt-get update and upgrade to upgrade the system  hmmmm,  what about security updates? Is there another way to do a system upgrade if they are available?
BTW i think Vector is great and its probably the fastest distro i have tried.

rbistolfi

• Packager
  • Vectorian
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 05:38:29 pm »

If there is a must security upgrade surely will be announced in the forum. What I do is to run slapt-get --upgrade -s at the console. That will simulate a full upgrade and will give me a list of all the packages with a bigger version number. Then I pick the ones I think I need and I install them manually.

HTH
"There is a concept which corrupts and upsets all others. I refer not to Evil, whose limited realm is that of ethics; I refer to the infinite."
Jorge Luis Borges, Avatars of the Tortoise.

--
Jumalauta!!